This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    So obscure, in fact, that the Prime Minister quoted it t'other day!
    Well now I feel really stupid and have lost any shred of street-cred I may have had!! I just thought Cameron was doing the usual patronising male "don't bother your pretty little head about it" type of thing. I must obviously watch more ITV to keep up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
      what Vs have we had?
      Viola da Gamba, Vasary, Venusberg, Venice (2), Vanishing Bridegroom, Victor, Vanity, Viola, Velvet, Voltaire, Village, Vera

mercia, why not cut and paste the latest list into word like I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Well now I feel really stupid and have lost any shred of street-cred I may have had!! I just thought Cameron was doing the usual patronising male "don't bother your pretty little head about it" type of thing. I must obviously watch more ITV to keep up to speed.
        "Dont go changing..."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Oh Dear. I wish I hadn't clicked on that link!! Quite put me off me dinner that I was in the midst of preparing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Oh Dear. I wish I hadn't clicked on that link!! Quite put me off me dinner that I was in the midst of preparing.
            But my dear, surely you're forgetting he's a fellow gastronome!

Comment

You've seen Anna's Waldstein???!!
              Yes, and it was delightful. Only trouble was she told me to keep my distance. As if!

Now, this 'ere U.

Comment

at the risk of sounding real dumb I don't think I've got word anymore . my computer had a big crash a few months back, got taken away and now all I can do now is connect to the internet, everything else disappeared

can I get word for free from somewhere?
                Not sure, if it crashed (presume you are on XP) you should still have Microsoft Works when you got it back and restored? I put Word on this (illegally, borrowed disc, because I had a lot of Word docs I needed to keep working on) because I prefer it to Works but there are plenty of free wordprocessing packages out there I think. Is there one called Open Office? I'm sure someone can help you on this.

Comment

a V to connect

- the son of Lower Broadheath on roller-skates?
                  - a 'have-a-go' pianist
                  - a harpsichordist turned into an opera
                  - Adriana's death

Comment

vista premium [sad face]
                    Oh. But, dear mercia, when my computer crashed I had the hard drive cloned, it arose from the ashes like a Phoenix thanks to our wondeful local geeks, do you not have the original discs and stuff? I mean, it's OK just to connect, but without Word (or equivalent, databases, etc) that's no good.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-11, 18:18. Reason: duplication of dears

Comment

But my dear, surely you're forgetting he's a fellow gastronome!
                      Is he? I recall bad tempered reviews in The Sunday Times and generally being a boring old Furt and giving gastronomes such as you and I, a bad name. Anyway, it's vegetarian night tonight. I might go and eat a Swede

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        a V to connect

- the son of Lower Broadheath on roller-skates?
                        - a 'have-a-go' pianist
                        - a harpsichordist turned into an opera
                        - Adriana's death
                        ho ho, the Corrie link continues!!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            Oh, I shall miss all this. Will check in about 2 hours hence!

Comment

is it a big Swede, Anna?

Comment

the wikipedia page on the harpsichordist reveals an astonishing personal life!

Comment

Working...
                                X