X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afraid I haven't been following the cricket .... not good news to have lost the series, just to flesh things out: the Stockhausen Mikrophonie II is for choir, Hammond organ, and four ring modulators, composed in moment form, consists of 33 "moments". The durations of these moments are made according to the Fibonacci series. Sounds dreadful!

Comment

Well, I knew Albert Hammond but only took a guess at the third. In the name of fairness, but not rastafarianism, it won't be I and I. One of the As should have it.

Comment

There you have it 3 genii identified by Anna, am and lat - who goes I? To me Walter was the most wonderful.........

Comment

Oh, I thought we'd finished and was just adding some padding, not playing! Hadn't seen anton's last but one post. Definitely it should be Ams for the next poser. Otherwise it wouldn't be cricket!

Comment

Okely-dokely! :simley:

What I connects the ‘71 Shiraz, the blue Danube, and a big showplace in ‘58 Brussels?

The I itself has a very strong musical connection as does the first item. The other two are more concrete

Comment

That looks an Interesting one! But I won't be back for a bit, (kitchen duties.....)

Comment

Brussels '58 is Expo - the Atomium etc. I'm sort of thinking IMEX but that is surely a different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                  Brussels '58 is Expo - the Atomium etc. I'm sort of thinking IMEX but that is surely a different thing.
                  Good start Lat - not IMEX but think about another building highlight in that event and who desgned it?

Clue: Sounds like a nonagenerian closer to home might own it

Comment

Yes, this is Prince Philip and the Philips Pavilion by Iannis Xenakis.

Comment

Yes, this is Prince Philip and the Philips Pavilion by Iannis Xenakis.
                      Bravo Lat! What about the '71 Shiraz and the blue Danube?

Comment

.....Persephassa was written by IK for the 1971 Shiraz Festival.

Comment

.....Persephassa was written by IK for the 1971 Shiraz Festival
                          Woo-hoo no oenophilic diversions for you, Lat - and the blue Danube is easy now, surely ..?

Comment

.....Persephassa was written by IK for the 1971 Shiraz Festival.
                            I thought that was the 1969 Shiraz and it was Polytope de Persepolis for the 1971??

Comment

I am more for tea and occasionally real ale am. Is this something to do with involvement in the Dresdner Orchestra's recording (possibly) of the Blue Danube and (possibly) IK involvement there? And yes Anna, you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                I thought that was the 1969 Shiraz and it was Polytope de Persepolis for the 1971??
                                cheers Anna - I'm trying to get this cleared up sharpish

But you're right

Comment

Working...
                                X