X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An O to link some Berkshire women with a singing father and daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Blimey, I went to answer an email and - suddenly - it's all over! Never heard of him! The depth of knowledge here astounds me, a mere mortal. Well Done that Wizard!
      In this case knowledge only of how to do relevant internet searches.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
        In this case knowledge only of how to do relevant internet searches.
        Oh No, don't come the raw prawn with me! I know your knowledge does not just come from google or wiki but from experience (possibly at Hogwarts?) and a deep understanding of classical music, how else would you have got the answer except, if you knew it? Case dismissed!
        Edit: And here he is, playing Mazeppa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkvDR87dZQ

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Confused?

Moi?

Non - moi!

Loving all the "resident salad-head... greengrocers offering Anna a furtive Boston (instant new euphemism) &c &c" fun!

But I see that even typing this, the M has whizzed past.

Cracking stuff, folks. It's good to be back. Just have to get back up to speed
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Cracking stuff, folks. It's good to be back.
            we've been havin' grand times while you've been away. Anna has called me a parvenoo, proud, a prima donna, an' bloody stupid... but we're all still here

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
              we've been havin' grand times while you've been away. Anna has called me a parvenoo, proud, a prima donna, an' bloody stupid... but we're all still here
              But I did it with love in my heart! Because you are worth it (the odd insult)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                But I did it with love in my heart! Because you are worth it (the odd insult)
                Lucky that old vindetable is clearly a robust Merlot-Syrah who can withstand such treatment, and not a delicate Pinot who would have gone off (in a huff)

Comment

Lucky that old vindetable is clearly a robust Merlot-Syrah who can withstand such treatment, and not a delicate Pinot who would have gone off (in a huff)
                  I think it's the odd bunch of mourvèdre in vindetable's mix that accounts for his robust structure, Caliban

Comment

You are right. I am chastised. I will delete those posts, say three Hail Marys and a Novena. I now feel so ashamed at bismirching vint's good name ....... did I really call him a Prima Donna?

Comment

I think it's the odd bunch of mourvèdre in vindetable's mix that accounts for his robust structure, Caliban
                      ... actually 100% tannat: my homeland is madiran and irouléguy - and can stand most things that are thrown this way...

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                        some Berkshire women .
                        might they by any chance be Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor or otherwise connected with Falstaff?

Comment

might they by any chance be Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor or otherwise connected with Falstaff?
                          Well worked out.

Comment

... actually 100% tannat: my homeland is madiran and irouléguy - and can stand most things that are thrown this way...
                            Blimey I bet that's a hefty mouthful when young

Comment

... actually 100% tannat: my homeland is madiran and irouléguy
                              And I thought he were a simple lad from Wiltshire!

Comment

Blimey I bet that's a hefty mouthful when young

Naughty!

Comment

Working...
                                X