X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
    a singing father and daughter.
    Karl & Lisa ? - taking the clue from vinteuil

(I don't want to set another question today thanks)

Comment

Oh, I thought it was solved, Offenbach (creeps quietly away, covered in shame and confusion)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Offenbach
        in which case I'm totally wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          Karl & Lisa ? - taking the clue from vinteuil

(I don't want to set another question today thanks)

Comment

in which case I'm totally wrong
            Oh No you're not!

Comment

Could we have a puzzle status confirmation from scb please? - has the O been solved? and if so by whom? And if it has not been solved, what more do we need to work out?

No search engines were used in the production of this message

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Could we have a puzzle status confirmation from scb please? - has the O been solved? and if so by whom? And if it has not been solved, what more do we need to work out?

No search engines were used in the production of this message
                vinteuil and mercia have both given indications that they have solved the problem, but neither has broken cover to give the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                  vinteuil and mercia have both given indications that they have solved the problem, but neither has broken cover to give the solution.
                  Many thanks scb - now then vints & mercs, step forward please, none of this false modesty - Let's Be 'Aving Yee-ow!

If you don't want to do the next letter, mercs then we can get Anna or Calibs to do it

Comment

O = Otto
                    Otto Nicolai, Karl & Lisa Otto

a P to connect

a fruity Christmas carol, a 1930's English harpsichord concerto and Howards End
                    Last edited by mercia; 30-01-12, 08:04.

Comment

O = Otto
                      Otto Nicolai, Karl & Lisa Otto

a P to connect

a fruity Christmas carol, a 1930's English harpsichord concerto and Howards End
                      English composer Walter Leigh's Concertino for Harpsichord and String Orchestra written in 1934.
                      Last edited by Guest; 30-01-12, 09:25. Reason: tidying

Comment

English composer Walter Leigh's Concertino for Harpsichord and String Orchestra written in 1934.

a P associated with that ?

Comment

Leigh's Concertino was premiered by Elizabeth Poston, who wrote a carol entitled Jesus Christ the Apple Tree and the score for the television production of Howards End

Comment

Leigh's Concertino was premiered by Elizabeth Poston, who wrote a carol entitled Jesus Christ the Apple Tree and the score for the television production of Howards End
                            well done, a sweet little carol that (if you like that sort of thing)

will ammie jump the Q I wonder? whichever way I hope he offers another obscure (to me) pianist with a colourful private life.
                            Last edited by mercia; 30-01-12, 09:59.

Comment

well done, a sweet little carol that (if you like that sort of thing)

will ammie jump the Q I wonder? whichever way I hope he offers another obscure (to me) pianist with a colourful private life.
                              I'm struggling with that, mercs!

How's about ....

What Q links a strenuous climb on a bike, a Canadian poet associated with a citric dog, and the lowest member of a contemporary string quartet made up of four string soloists?

Comment

Early warning - I'm off out to the Hockney exhibition this afternoon, leaving here around 11:45 and I'll not be back much before 19:00 at a guess

Comment

Working...
                                X