No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely true- I'm singing in it!

Comment

Originally posted by rachletto View Post
      It's definitely true- I'm singing in it!
      Seems it's a sell-out too. (Wonder what time you'd need to start queuing to prom on the day ... )
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I am almost tempted to overnight it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          I am almost tempted to overnight it.
          Ye-e-ess - I half thought that too
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Seems it's a sell-out too. (Wonder what time you'd need to start queuing to prom on the day ... )
            Some return tickets for the Gothic have appeared for sale on the RAH website if you're quick. I bought a pair of grand tier seats this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Benger View Post
              Some return tickets for the Gothic have appeared for sale on the RAH website if you're quick. I bought a pair of grand tier seats this afternoon.
              Congrats on getting your tickets, Jon. I have to travel to London and stay overnight so like to do two or three days of concerts which fall together. At a pinch, promming and one night away might be worth it but then I'd be unlikely to make a second trip later on.

Anyway, those returns have all gone now!

Comment

Anyway, those returns have all gone now!
                Not so as at the time of writing - rather a lot more were made available yesterday afternoon. There's probably 50+ in the stalls and a few in the circle at this moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon B View Post
                  Not so as at the time of writing - rather a lot more were made available yesterday afternoon. There's probably 50+ in the stalls and a few in the circle at this moment...
                  A tip, then, is that you shouldn't be put off by the, clearly unchanging, notice that 'This event has no seats remaining'. Ignore that and click on to buy tickets anyway.

Is there a page which details latest information of this sort?

Comment

FF - I think you may have issues with cacheing of webpages either by your ISP or on your machine itself.

Visting http://www.royalalberthall.com/ticke....aspx#/page/1/ then pressing F5 or maybe Ctrl-F5 (both keys together) should sort this in most browsers.

Other than at transient times when the RAH are uploading newly returned seats, everything always appears to be in sync for me.

No, there isn't a resource (beyond trawling the RAH online ticketing system) that I know of for availability information. The status quo does reward those who are most persistent/determined with the best chance of getting returns - which seems like a good fairness algorithm. I would say that though - the priority booking system's lack of control over which (usually acoustically challenged) seat you're randomly allocated is, er, distinctly suboptimal IMO, and I usually pick up my tickets one-by-one by persistence later on...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon B View Post
                      FF - I think you may have issues with cacheing of webpages either by your ISP or on your machine itself.
                      No, I was approaching it by a different route which obviously doesn't get updated. Yours, of course, is much better. Ta

Comment

I just got a ticket now, there were only three available and this was the cheapest (second tier).
                        Maybe some more will come up but I thought I'd better go for it. I completely forgot to do anything the morning of the Proms sale opening and now since it looks like I'll be living here in July I had to go for it because I love this piece!

Comment

No, no, somename, the best tickets can only be bought as a season's worth, or individually on the day.

Comment

According to the RAH website: "Due to the staging and production requirements for 'The Gothic' on Sunday, Prom 4 will have limited Promming capacity. For this Prom we will not sell to the Arena or Gallery day queues until 20 minutes before the concert, subject to availability."

Shocking!

Comment

Well...how was it for you?

Comment

Could we have all comments on the Prom 4 concert thread, pl?

I'm closing this thread so that there aren't two threads going on the same subject.
                                Last edited by french frank; 17-07-11, 21:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X