Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You deserve a medal, bsp.

Hope someone(s) will help enter up the schedule on our calendar when (i.e. tomorrow) all is revealed.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Proms 2012 - very early advance info

Well, in anticipation of the Proms in 2012, from the Columbia Artists Management page, the agency for JoAnn Falletta, there's this tidbit on their posting about her appointment to the Ulster Orchestra (emphasis mine):

"The Ulster Orchestra made its tenth BBC London Promenade and 25th anniversary appearance at Royal Albert Hall in September. They eagerly anticipate their return with Principal Conductor, JoAnn Falletta, in August 2012."
      For FF, thanks for the kind word. Perhaps if I make it over there in one piece this summer, I'll settle for a drink rather than a medal .

Comment

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
        Well, in anticipation of the Proms in 2012, from the Columbia Artists Management page, the agency for JoAnn Falletta, there's this tidbit on their posting about her appointment to the Ulster Orchestra
        And, according to IMG Artists London, the Labèque sisters will be coming Proms-wards in 2012.

Comment

Which newish composed work will get messageboarders backs up this year?

In the past we've had Brett Dean, Rebbecca Saunders Traces, Xenikis, Hayden

Watch this space!

3VS

Comment

one more bit of advance Proms 2012 info

Via Opera Chic's website, Antonio Pappano revealed a bit of a surprise for the 2012 Proms:

The relevant text, of course, is:

"Nel 2012 a Londra dirigerò Troyens di Berlioz al Covent Garden e al Proms"
            The literal Google Translation is:

"In 2012 direct Troyens by Berlioz in London at Covent Garden and the Proms"
            From the ROH's page:

"Les Troyens
            25 | 28 June
            1 mat | 5 | 8 mat | 11 July

Berlioz's epic version of the Trojan war and its aftermath in a new production by David McVicar, conducted by Antonio Pappano, Music Director of the Royal Opera. Not seen at the Royal Opera House since 1972, this five-act operatic tour de force is cast to the hilt with such international names as Jonas Kaufmann, Eva-Maria Westbroek and Anna Caterina Antonacci."
            Given that the First Night for the 2012 Proms is presumably Friday, July 13, 2012, would it be too much of a stretch that, if this does come to pass, Les Troyens would be Prom 2 for next summer? I realize it is borderline absurd to discuss the 2012 Proms when we're now just into the 2011 Proms, but what the heck .

Comment

Given that the First Night for the 2012 Proms is presumably Friday, July 13, 2012, would it be too much of a stretch that, if this does come to pass, Les Troyens would be Prom 2 for next summer? I realize it is borderline absurd to discuss the 2012 Proms when we're now just into the 2011 Proms, but what the heck .
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Have heard whispers of Walton Belshazzar's Feast/Elgar Musicmakers and Berlioz Grand Messe des morts all BBC NOW/Fischer

Comment

The relevant text, of course, is:
                  "Nel 2012 a Londra dirigerò Troyens di Berlioz al Covent Garden e al Proms"
                  The literal Google Translation is:
                  "In 2012 direct Troyens by Berlioz in London at Covent Garden and the Proms"
                  Google Translate gets it wrong sometimes (or should that be often). I think it should say
                  "In 2012 he will conduct 'The Trojans' by Berlioz in London at Covent Garden and the Proms"

Comment

Originally posted by David Underdown View Post
                    Have heard whispers of Walton Belshazzar's Feast/Elgar Musicmakers and Berlioz Grand Messe des morts all BBC NOW/Fischer
                    I heard that directly from the horse's mouth: a member of the choir told us that at the Verdi Requiem prom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Sullivan View Post
                      I heard that directly from the horse's mouth: a member of the choir told us that at the Verdi Requiem prom.
                      Well, it goes out on telly on 21/8; Roger will be looking for the horse and sending the boys off to Cardiff...

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                        Roger will be looking for the horse and sending the boys off to Cardiff...
                        I rather hope not, as I know the horse in question and it didn't ask to have its neighings publicised.

Comment

Working...
                        X