No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Controller singled out in his blog one programme from the Mozartfest for a special mention:

"The new year seems, like Christmas, to be a time of reflection as well as fresh beginnings, and from the listener interaction with the station it is clear that Mozart provided a perfect musical companion to match the mood. Sara Mohr-Pietsch's programme Play Mozart For Me unlocked a wealth of emotions and reminded me of the special qualities of late night radio."

Chutzpah or what?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

"The new year seems, like Christmas, to be a time of reflection as well as fresh beginnings, and from the listener interaction with the station it is clear that Mozart provided a perfect musical companion to match the mood. Sara Mohr-Pietsch's programme Play Mozart For Me unlocked a wealth of emotions and reminded me of the special qualities of late night radio."

Chutzpah or what?
      Okay, okay...I laughed too.

I think it's great he's copping to that, I really do. Showing a sensitive side and oh-so-subtly flipping all the elitist critics out there a big old bird--win-win! Oh, and how about this:

I have been busy justifying my mediocre score in the social creativity section as proof of my appropriate lack of desire to take part in public sing-alongs and dancing!
      I'm assuming this means he scored 100s on everything else. Or do you suppose he's reporting solid 50s to avoid offending anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Well, the Controller singled out in his blog one programme from the Mozartfest for a special mention:

Chutzpah or what?
        I feel more like sitting down and cry…

Comment

I liked this comment from Msg #202: "Being exposed to strangers' emotions in public at a distance is like slowing down to look at an accident on the motorway." One doesn't like to be unfeeling but I'm sure this is something which can divide human beings quite starkly. What's the aural equivalent of 'voyeuristic'? Isn't this the whole Oprah Winfrey thing (have I got the right person?) which somehow people are being encouraged in by popular television?
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

"Being exposed to strangers' emotions in public at a distance is like slowing down to look at an accident on the motorway." One doesn't like to be unfeeling but I'm sure this is something which can divide human beings quite starkly. What's the aural equivalent of 'voyeuristic'? Isn't this the whole Oprah Winfrey thing (have I got the right person?) which somehow people are being encouraged in by popular television?
            I didn't have a set for years (and only have one now because a friend forced one on me!) so I really can't speak to the last part of that.

I don't know...I think the whole thing is more symptomatic of people being lonely and trying to reach out and make a connection however they can. It just seems odd because the new media they're trying to do it in is so sterile and starkly impersonal. In other words, it's not a great fit, but it's all they have. Just another symptom of the alienated post-industrial consumerist society we live in, I suppose. I guess I could go dust off my copy of Riesman's "The Lonely Crowd" and find a relevant passage or two. "Now more than ever," as the saying goes.

Comment

I strongly agree with #1 and note that in the Bach Festival (Christmas 2005) there was a complete program which could be downloaded with days and times. The format for the Mozart was terrible. The regular daily program format should have been scrapped as it was for the Bach. The given schedules were so general as to be useless.

Comment

The poll is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                X