Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iplayer: no sound for Radio 3 content broadcast from 12.00 on Sunday 6 May 2012

.....from 37 minutes and 47 seconds into the iplayer recording of Paddy Ashdown's Private Passions to be precise. There was a click and Paddy was gone (and some might say that's what should happen to Clegg). And the rest of the Radio 3 content on the iplayer broadcast after that moment is silent. There is nothing. Nothing at all. Only a profound silence.

See my thread on The Tempest. Erm.....?? Wossup?

Comment

The iplayer helpdesk says it is an issue under investigation.

Never mind. I am enjoying the Janacek on Afternoon on 3 and Shostakovich s10 is coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        See my thread on The Tempest. Erm.....?? Wossup?
        Everything seems to be coming through atm (i.e. the time is clocking up) - except the sound.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Exactly. Weird. Something clearly thinks the sound is running.

Comment

Said it before an' I'll say it again...
            Sorry if this is from the realm of the bleedin' obvious, but the "R3 High" AAC Stream is, as usual, working perfectly through iTunes...

dot dot dot... sorry, it's working on the R3 homepage too... but the iPlayer listen again certainly isn't... most odd.
            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 07-05-12, 17:29.

Comment

Thanks for the info - it's not just me then.

Was just trying to listen to JLU from Sunday evening.

OG

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                Said it before an' I'll say it again...
                Sorry if this is from the realm of the bleedin' obvious, but the "R3 High" AAC Stream is, as usual, working perfectly through iTunes...

dot dot dot... sorry, it's working on the R3 homepage too... but the iPlayer listen again certainly isn't... most odd.
                And it's not just the Listen Again HD Sound version. The Low Bandwidth option is also silent.

Comment

Everything from 16:30 yesterday seems now to be working fine in both HDS and Low Bandwidth. However, the programmes between noon on Sunday and 16:30 Monday remain unavailable. Let's hope they are pulling out the stops to get get them up and running a.s.a.p.

[Ah, the enchanted isle is now available.]
                  Last edited by Bryn; 08-05-12, 09:04. Reason: Update.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    Everything from 16:30 yesterday seems now to be working fine in both HDS and Low Bandwidth. However, the programmes between noon on Sunday and 16:30 Monday remain unavailable. Let's hope they are pulling out the stops to get get them up and running a.s.a.p.

[Ah, the enchanted isle is now available.]
                    Just about to say that. The Tempest, of course, is already available for 7 days as a podcast.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      Just about to say that. The Tempest, of course, is already available for 7 days as a podcast.
                      Indeed, but in much lower audio quality than the iPlayer's HD Sound option has to offer, (128kbps mp3, as against 320kbps aac-lc).

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        Indeed, but in much lower audio quality than the iPlayer's HD Sound option has to offer, (128kbps mp3, as against 320kbps aac-lc).
                        True but probably less relevant for a speech based broadcast. R4 typically broadcasts at 128kbps.

Comment

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
                          True but probably less relevant for a speech based broadcast. R4 typically broadcasts at 128kbps.
                          A pedant writes: Radio 4 broadcasts at 128kbps mp2 on DAB, Freeview and Freesat. It is available at up to 128kbps aac via the iPlayer (though this that is not, of course, broadcast, but 'narrowcast', i.e. it's a one to one transfer relationship).

Comment

Hmm. Tuesday afternoon and stlll all but one programme (The Tempest) between midday Sunday and 16:30 Monday are missing fro the iPlayer. Can they still be recovering from the Bank Holiday?

Comment

A few more programmes from the affected period have now been made available, but no no means all that were missing can as yet be accessed.

Comment

Working...
                              X