Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB'n'Bob

Gambo's doing another series of 'For One Night Only' Saturday Mornings on R4 and Saturday coming is about the record BB King recorded live at the Regal in Chicago.:cool2:
    Paul Gambaccini tells the story behind BB King's classic 1964 album Live at the Regal.

There's still a few days to catch episode one, about the magnificent live recording 'Button Down Mind' with Mr Newhart.
    Last edited by johncorrigan; 22-03-11, 22:33. Reason: poor punct

Bob Newhart was one of comedy's all-time greats.

Comment

I was fascinated to hear him talk about how he is the straight man in his pieces, Lat - that the funny stuff is what is not being said. He reckoned that the audience, by laughing, were almost congratulating themselves for being able to fill in a lot of the blanks. Gambo concentrated a bit on Abe Lincoln v Madison Avenue which seems even more powerful today than then - way ahead of its time.....and I always thought he seemed like a nice man.

Comment

JC - Unfortunately I missed the programme but I very much enjoyed the spotify link - Lat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
          JC - Unfortunately I missed the programme but I very much enjoyed the spotify link - Lat.
          The BN was great - the BBKing less so, I have to say Lat. But he does play a mighty fine guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            The BN was great - the BBKing less so, I have to say Lat. But he does play a mighty fine guitar.
            It's all about the bread with him man

http://www.bbkingclubs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              It's all about the bread with him man

http://www.bbkingclubs.com/

Probably right Global, but back in '64 he had a great sound going - and a fine band too.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
              X