Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get that excited about it to be honest. It lacks subtlety and finesse.
    each to his own

fro enthusiasts of scandi telly there is an interview with Sofie Grabol here
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      And as for the Asperges thing, how many TV soaps/ [plays/ let alone detective thriller series do you know which have come even close to taking on board the impact on self and those around sufferer of Asperges??
      Weirdest misspelling yet.

You must have been thinking of Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo et et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.

Comment

No thoughts on 3 and 4?

I admit to being hooked.................on this and the whole Nordic oeuvre.

Comment

I think male viewers at least are still feeling numbed by that kick, antongould. They really should have had a health warning before the programme

Comment

oh yes the kick!

Rohde and Noren are a magnificent pair of chracters and have a real chemistry because his flat acceptance of her is both true and wonderful writing and casting acting etc

the moment when Saga is talking with Hans about herself [he thinks] while she thinks she is profiling the perp was awesome
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Some VG moments. It's building.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                Rohde and Noren are a magnificent pair of chracters and have a real chemistry because his flat acceptance of her is both true and wonderful writing and casting acting etc

the moment when Saga is talking with Hans about herself [he thinks] while she thinks she is profiling the perp was awesome
                - superb writing and acting: simultaneously funny and scary.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I'm not sure if it's just me but I find that I need to rewatch last night's episodes just to get things clear in my head, in other words, I don't wish to lose the plot! But yes, Saga and Martin are indeed a wonderful double act, and I now find myself warming to her. I'm really enjoying it and all the sub-plots and, possibly, red herrings.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                    That was brilliant and chilling. It reminded my of the wonderful moment in Minghella's film of "The Talented Mr Ripley" when the double reflections of Ripley's head in the polished piano lid seem to symbolise a split/double personality.

Are we supposed to think that Saga will be helped in the hunt by the fact that the perp has the same 'syndrome' as she does, so she can think herself inside his head...?

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    No thoughts on 3 and 4?
                    I admit to being hooked.................on this and the whole Nordic oeuvre.
                    I thought Ep 4 was particularly exciting (the morse code device re: the hostage rather good).

I'm hooked as well, anton - and for all sufferers, this doc aired in the early hours and produced by BBC News will be of interest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...et_of_Success/
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Yes Caliban Lady Gould is hooked and cannot wait for next week's episodes - being a lady of rare insight she terms it "The Killing with humour..." - I think the middle of the night phone "conversations" are superb!

Thanks for the link.
                      Last edited by antongould; 29-04-12, 15:35. Reason: various

Comment

"How is your scrotum?"
                        "Small talk is not one of your strengths"

Comment

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Yawn....gave up half way through Episode 3. It is so.o.o.o pedestrian. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bring back Lund.

Comment

you don't play for Blackburn Rovers by any chance?

Comment

Agreed, aCDJ!
                                'Pedestrian''?? I think not. Murders themselves intriguing. Interesting that they have already given us a sight of the perpetrator - wonder why they are doing it so early?

Interaction between the two detectives and their surrounding teams is fascinating. I bet Scandinavia gets much more of the subtleties than we do? unless you think English / Scottish cops interacting maybe? And to have the laid back one having to work with the full-on Aspergers one? Dialectic or what?

< the moment when Saga is talking with Hans about herself [he thinks] while she thinks she is profiling the perp was awesome. That was brilliant and chilling.>
                                Indeed, and the thing is replete with asides like that.

And Saga's staring, unblinking, uncomprehending eyes! As if everybody but herself was some new species to be analysed before accepting?

Comment

Working...
                                X