Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMS Freiburg Baroque Orchestra at Schwetzingen 21/4/2024

Today's EMS looks interesting. The new schedule is a pain, I keep missing half the programme.
    Fingers crossed that there is NO EMS News.

Freiburg Baroque Orchestra at Schwetzingen
    Hannah French presents a concert given by the Freiburg Baroque Orchestra at last year's Schwetzingen Festival of music from 18th-century Mannheim.
    The Mannheim orchestra was arguably the best in Europe in the late 1700s, and composers there helped to forge the symphonic form that we're so familiar with today. This concert, recorded last May, includes pieces by Ignaz Holzbauer, Christian Cannabich, Carl Joseph Toeschi and Christian Danner.​

I think this concert was broadcast on ORF Ö1 last August.

Das Ö1 Konzert
    Glanzvolles Mannheim
    Alte Musik im Konzert. Freiburger Barockorchester, Leitung und Violine: Gottfried von der Goltz. Werke von Ignaz Jacob Holzbauer, Carl Joseph Toeschi, Christian Danner, Christian Cannabich, Georg Josepeh Vogler und Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (aufgenommen am 20. Mai im Mozartsaal des Schlosses Schwetzingen im Rahmen der "Schwetzinger Festspiele SWR 2023")​
    Brief playlist:
    Ignaz Jacob Holzbauer (1711 - 1782); Günther von Schwarzburg. Singspiel in 3 Akten (Auszug) Ouvertüre Es-Dur. Maestoso allegro
    Carl Joseph Toeschi; Sextett in B-Dur; Andante Grazioso, Allegro
    Christian Danner (1757-1813); Konzert für Violine und Orchester in F-Dur, Allegro Moderato, Adagio, Rondeau
    Christian Cannabich (1731-1798); Symphonie Nr. 55 C-Dur, Allegro Maestoso, Andante non tanto, Presto ma non troppo
    Georg Joseph Vogler (1749-1814); Ouverture F-Dur zu Der Kaufmann von Smyrna
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Symphonie C-Dur KV 208/102 nach der Ouverture zu Il re pastore

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
    Today's EMS looks interesting. The new schedule is a pain, I keep missing half the programme.
    Fingers crossed that there is NO EMS News.

I think this concert was broadcast on ORF Ö1 last August.

Brief playlist:
    Ignaz Jacob Holzbauer (1711 - 1782); Günther von Schwarzburg. Singspiel in 3 Akten (Auszug) Ouvertüre Es-Dur. Maestoso allegro
    Carl Joseph Toeschi; Sextett in B-Dur; Andante Grazioso, Allegro
    Christian Danner (1757-1813); Konzert für Violine und Orchester in F-Dur, Allegro Moderato, Adagio, Rondeau
    Christian Cannabich (1731-1798); Symphonie Nr. 55 C-Dur, Allegro Maestoso, Andante non tanto, Presto ma non troppo
    Georg Joseph Vogler (1749-1814); Ouverture F-Dur zu Der Kaufmann von Smyrna
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Symphonie C-Dur KV 208/102 nach der Ouverture zu Il re pastore
    Extended highlights, not the whole concert, but very enjoyable. Date of concert 20th May 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      Extended highlights, not the whole concert, but very enjoyable. Date of concert 20th May 2023.

And no news on the Rialto.

Comment

I wonder why not. After all we were told that the news slot was well received, with listeners finding it useful. I am a tad suspicious I must admit at its recent absence. Might there be a backswing yet to arrive from the wrecking ball?

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          I wonder why not. After all we were told that the news slot was well received, with listeners finding it useful. I am a tad suspicious I must admit at its recent absence. Might there be a backswing yet to arrive from the wrecking ball?
          Like a whole EMS dedicated to just News?
          ... and presented by EA & JH!

I wonder if Mark Seow is busy elsewhere?

Comment

Mercifully.

A surprise from Hannah F, when she announced the violin concerto by Christian Danner - being a somewhat nerdy fan of historic Formula 1 racing, my thoughts shot straight to the driver of the same name who entered a few dozen Grands Prix for various uncompetitive teams in the late 1980s. Rather niche knowledge - but then HF made the same reference! A closet F1 geek?
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

A closet F1 geek?

Must be a very noisy closet!

Comment

Working...
              X