Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMS London International Festival of Early Music, 5 & 12 May 2024

This Sunday's & next EMS look interesting - two programmes from the London International Festival of Early Music.
    (Hopefully EM News free).

Hannah French presents the first of two programmes of highlights from the 2023 London International Festival of Early Music, including performances from harpsichordist Jane Chapman, recorder player Erik Bosgraaf, the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra and Ensemble Pampinea.
    Hannah French presents the second of two programmes of highlights from the 2023 London International Festival of Early Music, today focusing on their support of young, up-and-coming artists. The OAE Experience Ensemble offers students the chance to play alongside seasoned professionals, and you can hear them playing music by Haydn and Mozart, as well as students from Chethams School of Music in Manchester, and London's Guildhall School of Music & Drama and the Junior Royal Academy, performing music by Telemann, Purcell and van Eyck.​
    Their Facebook page has a few photos, inc. HF... I wonder what that big green button does???

This year's London Festival of Baroque Music (not the same as the LIFEM, above) is on 14-18 May - for information.

Comment

Their Facebook page has a few photos, inc. HF... I wonder what that big green button does.
      Is it a button or a light? Maybe "live mic" or something.
      I'm sure someone in the know will be along in a minute.

Edit: An internet search revealed this:

Keeping the BBC’s flagship classical music show at the top of its game requires serious engineering skill — and the ability to cope with the unexpected!

which may in itself be of interest to boardees [I confess I have not read it all and cannot understand most of it]. There is however a photograph part way through with this device in view and a caption "...note the green cue light...".
      Last edited by Old Grumpy; 04-05-24, 11:20. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
        Is it a button or a light? Maybe "live mic" or something.
        I'm sure someone in the know will be along in a minute
        You might well be right & it's a light.
        Or, perhaps it's a BBC version of "The Internet"?

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          You might well be right & it's a light.
          Or, perhaps it's a BBC version of "The Internet"?
          I thought it might be the cap on a bottle of orange squash or other non-alcoholic liquid refreshment.

Comment

How can it be an early music show? It doesn't start until 5pm!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              How can it be an early music show? It doesn't start until 5pm!
              Well it's early evening...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                Well it's early evening...
                Talking of which...
                "Early Music Late", which ran from 2015 to 2019, was excellent - does anyone else remember it? I wish R3 would ressurect it.

Comment

Talking of which...
                  "Early Music Late", which ran from 2015 to 2019, was excellent - does anyone else remember it? I wish R3 would resurrect it.
                  ... a four-minute-long programme?

Comment

Talking of which...
                    "Early Music Late", which ran from 2015 to 2019, was excellent - does anyone else remember it? I wish R3 would ressurect it.
                    I have vague memories of it - from your link I see there is quite a library - clicking on a sample episode suggests they run for 59 minutes (also vide supra).

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                      ... a four-minute-long programme?.
                      Old Grumpy's right, "Early Music Late" was usually about an hour, occasionally 90 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... a four-minute-long programme?

Comment

Working...
                        X