Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eternal Breakfast Debate in a New Place

Is this the proper place to say that I enjoy Breakfast? I find the mix and length of pieces about right, both presenters excellent and the texts, emails, newspapers and trailers no real "problem".

Yes, that's here. It might even tempt Rob to come over and join us (if they haven't all be sent round a note by the boss forbidding it
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Yes indeed it would be nice to see RC and SMP joining and contributing to the new forum.

Comment

Then it must be the place to say how much I dislike "Breakfast". I find the the pieces too short, the namby-pamby playschool voices irritating and the texts, emails newspapers and trailers unbearable.
        There, now that has established the two extremes- let everyone else fill in the middle :-)
        Thanks for the forum FF

James
        I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

Welcome James - yes lets get the battle lines established early!!!

Comment

Congratulations James on posting the first piece of snobbery on these new forums.

Personally, I think that 'Breakfast' is there for those who don't want to be bombarded with 'heavy' music (even in terms of length) first thing in the morning. There's always your record collection to delve into if you want to hear a full 45-minute symphony at 7am. There is an off-switch on your radio. Use it if need be.

Comment

My thoughts entirely maestro

Comment

'Other presenters are available' - in particular those who are on duty at the weekend, which is the only time I listen to 'Breakfast'. I agree with James W as far as the weekday editions are concerned.
                May I also say 'thank you' for setting up the Forum.

Comment

So you do not like the almost universally "loved" Mr. Cowan?

Comment

It will be interesting to see whether the pieces become shorter, the newspaper extracts more frequent, the quizzes more numerous, the Frank Sinatra plays more regular &c, now that there's no BBC/R3 messageboard where people can express disgust (which must be very lowering for the presenters).

By the way, I toy idly with making any form of the word 'snob' show up in red with a suggestion that an alternative is found

My vote in this debate is unaltered. I don't like it and won't listen until it, erm, 'improves' ( = becomes how I like it). Perhaps we should have a poll?
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

When the membership has grow to massive levels, and it seems to be growing exponentially, I think a poll is a very good idea. Anyone who wishes to can call me a snob!!!

Comment

Oh, how lovely. We already have an argument about Breakfast. Just like the good old days!!
                        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt
                          But who is that boss ?
                          I was thinking probably someone at about the [oops, we have a definite bug here - it doesn't like the pound sterling sign - or - has the messageboard been hacked already by the bbc? ]

I was going to say "I was thinking probably someone at about the two hundred and twenty thousand pounds sterling mark per annum ..."
                          Last edited by french frank; 25-11-10, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                            Oh, how lovely. We already have an argument about Breakfast. Just like the good old days!!
                            We like to make people feel at home.

Before I continue, this is merely an observation, not a complaint:

I must say that it shows how much CFM is viewed with such disdain, that even the smallest thing that could be considered 'dumbing down' (another term that should show up in red imo) is met with such hostility by the members of this forum.
                            Last edited by maestro267; 25-11-10, 12:29.

Comment

It's nothing personal, I assure you: I just don't like the format of the weekday programme, and suspect that the presenters aren't that happy with it either and consequently don't (or can't) give of their best. The weekend presenters sound as if they're enjoying themselves, and this in turn makes for an enjoyable experience for the listener. Having been driven (or so I thought) to Radio 4 of a weekday morning, I now find it difficult to conceive of starting my weekday listening with anything other than the 'Today' programme. Mind you, I used to feel like that about 'Breakfast'.....

Comment

Working...
                              X