• Show
Clear All

• cloughie
    replied
    Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Leave a comment:

• eighthobstruction
    replied
    Yep, you're a top man ....jazzwise at least Alyn....

Leave a comment:

• rubbernecker
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    your tenure with Jazz Library ensured the upholding of Radio 3 standards - which have tragically been undermined elsewhere on the network - for which we are most appreciative and thank you
    May I wholeheartedly concur

Wishing you a warm Smithian hel-loh welcome to JRR

Leave a comment:

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
    replied
    Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    Alyn you have given us a beacon of authority and insight into the music in recent years with the excellent Library Programme ... all the best with Jazz Record Requests and many many thanks for your contributions both on air and on da boreds here and heretofore ...

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• grippie
    Guest replied
    It's lovely to know that JRR lives on and in the most capable new hands too. I look forward to hearing you in the evening now rather than the JL's graveyard slot

cheeeeeeeeers
    robin

Leave a comment:

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
    replied
    Alyn you have given us a beacon of authority and insight into the music in recent years with the excellent Library Programme ... all the best with Jazz Record Requests and many many thanks for your contributions both on air and on da boreds here and heretofore ...

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Serial_Apologist
    replied
    It's been great pleasure having been able to exchange views with you over the past two years, Alyn, here and on the old BBC forum, and your tenure with Jazz Library ensured the upholding of Radio 3 standards - which have tragically been undermined elsewhere on the network - for which we are most appreciative and thank you.

Very best wishes in your new assignment to JRR!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 25-04-12, 11:35. Reason: Jazz, not Lazz!

Leave a comment:

• Alyn_Shipton
    started a topic Final Jazz Library

Final Jazz Library

Dear all
    Thanks for your support and (generally) enthusiasm over the last five and a bit years. I'm aiming to go out on a high note with selections from interviews with some of my heroes (and one heroine) on Saturday next. It's been good to have your feedback on here and direct to the programme, and I hope as many of you as possible will keep in touch via the JRR website in future. It's not often mentioned on air, but http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/jazzrecordrequests will get you straight to the page. And everyone I've engaged in dialogue with here is welcome to keep it going by sending in requests. I look forward to hearing from you. And I hope some way can be found in the future of keeping the oral history element that's been such a popular bit of JL.
    Anyway thanks again
    Best to you all
    Alyn
Working...
X