Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single-page Proms Listing and pdfs

After a few adjustments my code has produced a single-page listing and a pair of printable pdf files (2-column and 3-column), which appear to be correct...

Links in the forum sidebar have been updated to point to the new pages.

I'll update the lists periodically to reflect any updates made by the BBC.

Pulcinella has kindly helped me by spotting some anomalies; if anybody else spots any errors or omissions, please let me know.

Many thanks, Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      Many thanks, Andrew.
      Indeed

Comment

Many thanks, Andrew. Apart from the obvious big names, does anyone know of a way to determine the price band of a concert other than popping them into a proms plan?

Comment

Buy the Guide? I presume it says what the price bands are as usual?

Comment

Andrew: If I try to print any of three versions, I only see the first two pages (and the second page is incomplete) in print preview.
            I can scroll though each file though.
            Is this a glitch at your end?

Comment

I printed off the 6-page 3-col version all right by using the Print icon (top right) of the page view which correctly shows 1-6 pages. When I just clicked my usual CTRL+P it showed 1 of 1 and that's all that printed.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                I printed off the 6-page 3-col version all right by using the Print icon (top right) of the page view which correctly shows 1-6 pages. When I just clicked my usual CTRL+P it showed 1 of 1 and that's all that printed.
                Andrew suggested downloading and then printing, which I've done, and the 2-column version behaved OK. Yes: it was CTRL+P that misbehaved; I didn't try your route.

Comment

I think I can see the problem - trying to print using the Firefox print dialogue doesn't work on my machine either!

I might have found a solution: please could you indulge me and try the following test link for the 3-column pdf?

https://www.radio-lists.org.uk/proms...ms3coltest.php

I'm hoping that CTRL+P might now work ...

Comment

I didn't print it off but when I press CTRL + P it now shows 1 of 6 pages whereas before it just showed 1 page, and that was all that was printed. So I think that solves the problem.

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                    I think I can see the problem - trying to print using the Firefox print dialogue doesn't work on my machine either!

I might have found a solution: please could you indulge me and try the following test link for the 3-column pdf?

https://www.radio-lists.org.uk/proms...ms3coltest.php

I'm hoping that CTRL+P might now work ...
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      I didn't print it off but when I press CTRL + P it now shows 1 of 6 pages whereas before it just showed 1 page, and that was all that was printed. So I think that solves the problem.
                      Many thanks - that confirms what I've seen. I'll update both the files.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                        Many thanks - that confirms what I've seen. I'll update both the files.
                        Not surprisingly (as ff and I have similar Mac set-ups) this all looks fine for me too now.
                        Thanks again, Andrew; with the money saved (sorry WHS/Waterstones) I'll raise a glass to you at lunch in town in a couple of hours!

Comment

I've updated to version 2 to take in some minor changes, of which the following are those I have noticed:

Prom 1: Bohdana Frolyak new work now named ('Let There Be Light');
                          Prom 1: Sibelius: Snofrid: opus number removed;
                          Prom 4: Orchestra now prefixed with the definite article;
                          Prom 6: Grace-Evangeline Mason new work now named ('Ablaze the Moon');
                          Proms at Sage Gateshead Sat 22/07 2215: list of works now included;
                          Proms at Sage Gateshead Sun 23/07 1400: minor typographical changes;
                          Prom 15: Second Zimmer work title corrected ('Cornfield Chase');
                          Prom 15: Debussy work title corrected ('Clair de lune');
                          Prom 17: CBSO Children's Chorus added;
                          Prom 19: Rowan Pierce (soprano) added;
                          Prom 21: Start time changed from 1900 to 1930;
                          Prom 25: Rachael Merry (BSL interpreter) added;
                          Prom 32: London Symphony Chorus added;
                          Prom 44: minor typographical correction;
                          Prom 48: Title expanded;
                          Prom 48: Cory Henry added;
                          Prom 55: no longer on TV;
                          Prom 57: Orchestra now listed before conductor;
                          Prom 60: Title of Weill work now in English;
                          Prom 64: 3 performers added.

The 2-column and 3-column pdfs have also been updated.
                          Last edited by Andrew Slater; 20-06-23, 20:08. Reason: Correction against Prom 15

Comment

I've updated to version 3 to take in some changes, some minor, some major, of which the following are those I have noticed:

Prom 1: Spurious 'actor'(unnamed) has appeared before 'Paul Lewis (piano)';
                            Prom 2: Several performers added;
                            Proms at Sage Gateshead Fri 27/07 1930: 'Divorce' added to list of performers;
                            Prom 9: Bass guitarist's name expanded; London Contemporary Orchestra added;
                            Prom 10: Works added; list of performers expanded;
                            Prom 11: See Prom 10;
                            Prom 15: Sequence of works altered; additional works by Arakelyan, Belli and Price;
                            Prom 18: List of performers expanded;
                            Prom 31: List of performers expanded;
                            Prom 43: Stage director details added;
                            Prom 62: Two actors added;
                            Prom 63: See Prom 62;
                            Proms at Yarmouth Fri 08/09 1800: Sequence of existing works changed; works added.

The 2-column and 3-column pdfs have also been updated.​

Comment

I've updated to version 4 to take in some changes: some minor, some major, of which the following are those I have noticed:​

Prom 16: Baritone Rodion Pogossov replaced by Andrei Kymach;
                              Prom 17: Soprano Mari Eriksmoen replaced by Maki Mori; Tenor Levy Sckgapane replaced by counter-tenor Matthias Rexroth; CBSO Children's Choir is now CBSO Children's Chorus;
                              Proms at Aberystwyth (30/07): order of Weelkes 'Thule ...' and 'As Vesta ...' reversed; Weelkes 'Come, clap thy hands' removed;
                              Prom 20: Title changed from 'Daniil Trifonov plays Mason Bates' to 'Korngold's Violin Concerto'; Bates Piano Concerto replaced by Korngold Violin Concerto; Daniil Trifonov (piano) replaced by Vadim Gluzman (violin);
                              Prom 23: Wycliffe Gordon and Herbie Nichols pieces removed; order of some of the remaining pieces changed;
                              Prom 69a: performers added.

The 2-column and 3-column pdfs have also been updated.​​

Comment

Working...
                              X