This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activation of accounts

Some people appear not to have responded to the invitation to activate their account by clicking on a link. This verifies that they have given their email address correctly - surprising how many times this is mistyped!

We have been notified of their registration, but they will not appear on the Member List or have posting and other permissions until their account has been activated.

You should receive the activation email very shortly after your registration has been accepted. If you don't, it could have been caught in a spam filter or disappeared elsewhere, or you may have mistyped your email address.

In all cases of problems trying to register (or log in) please use the Contact Us link, first left in the (pink) footer at the bottom of the homepage. If I am online I will deal with it straight away.

If your registration has been accepted, the Contact Us route will be quicker than trying to reregister with a different name or email address: that will merely leave your unactivated account in the database - I suspect this explains some of the unclaimed accounts.

Remember - I can change or amend your username, issue you with a new password if you've lost yours or delete your account, and contacting me, if I'm online, will usually be your quickest route.

I am sticking and closing this thread. If you want to post a comment/query, please start a new thread.
    Last edited by french frank; 27-11-10, 09:31.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.
Working...
X