Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think this listings mess was intended to be a joke, but it is one:

Esa-Pekka Salonen and the Philharmonia explore the turbulent years of the Weimar Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      I do not think this listings mess was intended to be a joke, but it is one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jvhx
      Not so much 'all the right notes...' as 'all the right pieces - just in the wrong concert'?

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        Not so much 'all the right notes...' as 'all the right pieces - just in the wrong concert'?
        The 'upside' is that both the concert and the commercial recordings in the appended list may be listened to via that page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          The 'upside' is that both the concert and the commercial recordings in the appended list may be listened to via that page.
          When are they going to put back the markers in the time line which used to be present in the earlier radio players, so that we can identify at least the start of each piece, or preferably each movement?

Another case of earlier versions were an improvement on the latest! Doesn't anybody at the BBC read these comments, and ACT on them?

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            On Dead Ringers on BBCR4 this weekend:
            'And now let's go over to Peterborough and get reaction to the result. Ann Widdicombe, what do you think of the result of the By-election?'
            'I think it's ridiculous. Why can't we just have a straight election?'
            Re Dead Ringers, tonight's seems very fine. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jx56

Comment

I'm I right in thinking the statue of Winston Churchill has been replaced by one of Boris Johnson hiding in a fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                I'm I right in thinking the statue of Winston Churchill has been replaced by one of Boris Johnson hiding in a fridge?
                I think that's one of those new pop-up pavement toilets, Gomgers.

I think that's one of those new pop-up pavement toilets, Gongers. Seen from behind.

Comment

“Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

It's actually a key scene in the latest Netflix movie- '2021 A Further Space Oddity - The Revenge Of The Monolith'

Comment

His darkest hour!

Comment

Thought I'd break the habit of a lunchtime and do a bit of DIY. So I phoned B&Q to check they were open. While I was on I asked, 'What size is the queue?' 'Same size as the B,' came the reply.

Comment

Thought I'd break the habit of a lunchtime and do a bit of DIY. So I phoned B&Q to check they were open. While I was on I asked, 'What size is the queue?' 'Same size as the B,' came the reply.
                          Sorry John. I won't stand for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                            Sorry John. I won't stand for that.
                            What, Padraig? The Queue?

Comment

What, Padraig? The Queue?
                              Standing in line?

Comment

Re Dead Ringers, tonight's seems very fine. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jx56
                                Best bit for me was the send-up of Auden/Britten 'Night Train'. Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X