I'm going to strip the shirt off your back!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to strip the shirt off your back!

Well no - actually - but that probably caught your attention.

I've just been sent an email - really not quite sure what "side" it is on.

Reminding me about Safer Gambling Week.

The thrust of the article seemed to be that "the gambing industry" is ducking all efforts to make it less irresponsible, and all the messages about "stop playing when the fun stops" etc. are just a load of **** [expletive deleted].

On balance the article seemed to be targeted against online gambling, so I'll put a link here - https://www.gamblingwithlives.org/ne...cide-comments/

I'm not a total Puritan, but to me most gambling is insidious, and should be banned - but I suppose like one or two other areas of enterprise, there is money in it, some of which does flow back to the Treasury.

I think I've mentioned elsewhere that one of the first things the Italian government did during the Covid pandemic/lockdown was to ban online gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
      I think I've mentioned elsewhere that one of the first things the Italian government did during the Covid pandemic/lockdown was to ban online gambling.
      oh interesting...."insidious " is the word....+ terminal high value slots....
      bong ching

Comment

Some people have got rich providing gambling platforms, some want it banned. Free market capitalism,
        Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post

I'm not a total Puritan, but to me most gambling is insidious, and should be banned - but I suppose like one or two other areas of enterprise, there is money in it, some of which does flow back to the Treasury.
          Also, if it's banned it might become even more attractive to some.

Comment

Working...
          X