X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

I only saw it in action when I did my drop-off and pick-up duty but it looked carefully planned. This one took place in a woody part of a large park in SE London. There was one (I assumed) qualified ‘leader’ and a couple of adult assistants. There were roughly a dozen children aged (I guess) between 5 and 8-ish. They were given various real tools and pieces of wood/a branch and were shown how to use the tools. When I went to do my pick-up duty, most children had managed to shape or join the pieces, admittedly, in the very loose sense. As I saw no sign of blood, it must have been well supervised. The children looked excited. It looked a very good thing. Only snag (if that) was, it wasn't cheap.

This is, I guess, run by the same or related organisation.

After school sessions – these sessions run from 3.30 – 5.30, we can collect a group from school and walk to the park. The sessions are in half-term blocks of 6 sessions and depending on numbers, we can combine 2 classes per half-term. Reception class only in summer terms. There are 12 spaces available for these sessions. Cost is £ 90.00

Comment

Working...
    X