Clear All
  • Count Boso

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Amazing! Not a spoof?

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      Depressingly, but predictably, the 'Mail On Sunday' clearly thinks it's more important to attempt to score points off the Guardian and the Observer than address such trifling issues as the problems associated with the return to schools and the relationship between the government and its non-political advisors. Not that the 'Observer' seems willing to let Barnard Castle Man out of its sights yet!
      There was a time when some politicians were actually sent to prison for committing an offence, and then lying about it. Oh - I forgot - DC isn't an elected politician. That's alright, then.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
        • Apr 2007

Oh poor chap, further troubles! https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/06/0...yment-tribuna/

PS Looks as if the PM may have done his best to interfere, which shows that one of our great British values, honour among thieves, is still being upheld
        Last edited by LeMartinPecheur; 01-06-20, 23:35. Reason: PS
        I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

I'm sure between us we can muster a teenage geek wizard to infect this with a destructive virus

If we all put our efforts together we can destroy these parasites

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

That would be a double irony were it to be found true - travelling illicitly to a place that shouldn't even be there - possibly.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                That would be a double irony were it to be found true - travelling illicitly to a place that shouldn't even be there - possibly.
                I came across this when looking up something else in the DC saga https://universalcreditsuffer.com/20...o-council-tax/
                which shows the searches someone has made on council and other documents.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  I came across this when looking up something else in the DC saga https://universalcreditsuffer.com/20...o-council-tax/
                  which shows the searches someone has made on council and other documents.
                  One of my neighbours sometimes has a JCB for sorting out the drainage in his fields.
                  I'm sure there must be someone reasonably local who could go and demolish this for us ?

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                    • Jan 2014

Interesting interview on R4's The Media Show (whole programme). Of course the Cummings articles revealing the Truth is a large part of it :

The Guardian's Katharine Viner on resisting a paywall and fighting government obfuscation

The Guardian's Katharine Viner on resisting a paywall and fighting government obfuscation.

IIRC, the misleading Spectator article was written/published after they had put the facts to no 10 (and over an extended period, had received no response......).

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                      • Jan 2014

I'm listening to The Media Show again. Very informative as to No 10's methods. And Katherine Viner comes over as very impressive.

It occurs to me that the sheer weight of misinformation and straight denial/lying is so great that we are on the road to full Soviet style domination (control?) of news/information. What follows from that over another 4 years doesn't bear thinking about (not this morning, anyway). What can the strategy be to challenge it effectively and yet not exhaust the majority of the population and avoid complete disengagement with the Truth. What will be the effect of shining the light on the deceit to establish the truth over that length of time be? The mass of voters - or the proportion who will make the difference in our electoral regime - completely switched off to the argument and more concerned with making their way in a severe Recesssion etc......

Somehow, I don't know how, there has to be a better strategy to counter the 360 degree manipulation of the Truth to suit the book of the Brexit right - but I don't know what that would be......
                      A strategy as effective as their use of social media, and to counter it, etc
                      A traditional press office / news/journalism operation by opposition parties will again be of marginal effectiveness in terms of voting in the run up to the next election?
                      "Barnard Castle" may yet be as effective a slogan as "MPs Duck House" "Dodgy Dossier" and "Black Monday" in being held in the memory of electors come the time to vote.... An opportunity not to be wasted, I would hope.

Comment

• Globaltruth
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

A COUNCIL investigation has concluded there were historic breaches of planning and building control regulations at Dominic Cummings’ lockdown…

From my chum in Durham, lives a few miles away.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                          https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...planning-laws/

From my chum in Durham, lives a few miles away.
                          A quick Internet search advises that while the time limit for the council to impose penalties on either the builder or the owner has been exceeded, if the property was ever to be put up for sale, that could be problematic. A competent surveyor would uncover the lack of building regulations compliance. That could heavily affect the value of the property.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

I doubt that it would make too much difference. A decent solicitor could overcome the most obvious difficulties.

Comment

Working...
                            X