X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
    Yes we do, they're the capitalist class. Oh, I see S_A has already pointed this out. It bears repetition though - there's no need to invoke shadowy conspiracies or individuals, this is simply how the system works. German industry profited and expanded massively under the Third Reich and many of those companies still exist now (and were headed by the same CEOs after the war).
    RB, to save me time on research , would you happen to know of any particularly good books on this subject?
    Professional interest.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      RB, to save me time on research , would you happen to know of any particularly good books on this subject?
      Professional interest.
      Not a book but https://www.adl.org/news/op-ed/germa...sses-and-nazis might be of interest.

However, whatever Richard recommends, do also take a look at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...Rise_of_Hitler for an alternative analysis.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Not a book but https://www.adl.org/news/op-ed/germa...sses-and-nazis might be of interest.
        Thanks Bryn.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Thanks Bryn.
          See edit of #17.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            See edit of #17.
            Great, thanks.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
              • Jan 2016

Specifically on the rebranding of (West) German industry after 1945, Jonathan Wiesen's West German Industry and the Challenge of the Nazi Past is useful. Most general histories of the 1933-45 period will have plenty of material on the role of industry; for example the use of concentration camp labour by Siemens is well documented.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                Specifically on the rebranding of (West) German industry after 1945, Jonathan Wiesen's West German Industry and the Challenge of the Nazi Past is useful. Most general histories of the 1933-45 period will have plenty of material on the role of industry; for example the use of concentration camp labour by Siemens is well documented.
                Thanks . I am specifically interested in post 1945 actually, though obviously this is intimately connected with earlier systems and events. However, I only have time to briefly dip in at this stage

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Also highly relevant to this recent subject is this afternoon's repeat on Radio 4 of Primo Levi's Vanadium (Part 2) which treats, partly, with I G Farben's role at Auschwitz. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000l1wy . You could skip Mercury but why would you want to?

Comment

• Jazzrook
                    • Mar 2011

The Tories & the RCP:

The combative contrarian rhetoric of the defunct RCP has long been all over the media. Now it’s in No 10 as well, says Guardian columnist Andy Beckett

JR

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                      Yes, I posted that on my Facebook page as soon as I saw it. Very telling. Andy Beckett has written about this before, but the evidence is pretty damning - doesn't look like an accident.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

R4: 'The Moral Maze'L Mme Fox a regular member of inquisitors.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                          R4: 'The Moral Maze'L Mme Fox a regular member of inquisitors.
                          Regularly mentioned in Private Eye over past years. By no means does every BBC "go to" participant deserve credibility. Think Tim Martin, pub landlord.

Comment

Working...
                          X