Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ants

I thought this documentary studying the life of an ant colony on BBC4 last Saturday was superb (I was away at the weekend and have only just watched it):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00scslp

The use of microtechnology in observing and monitoring activity in the colony was impressive, and it was fascinating to see the way in which ant problem-solving strategies are assisting the development of solutions for very complex activities including space travel.

Highly recommended - a day or two left on iplayer.
    Last edited by aeolium; 21-03-13, 10:38.

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
    I thought this documentary studying the life of an ant colony on BBC4 last Saturday was superb (I was away at the weekend and have only just watched it):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00scslp

The use of microtechnology in observing and monitoring activity in the colony was impressive, and it was fascinating to see the way in which ant problem-solving strategies are assisting the development of solutions for very complex activities including space travel.

Highly recommended - a day or two left on iplayer.
    This programme is repeated at 7pm today on BBC hd channel... (the last weekend that BBC4 docs are going to be seen thus ).

It's 90 minutes long I see, aeolium.

Thanks for the tip, sounds to be well worth a look
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      This programme is repeated at 7pm today on BBC hd channel... (the last weekend that BBC4 docs are going to be seen thus ).

It's 90 minutes long I see, aeolium.

Thanks for the tip, sounds to be well worth a look
      Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise! Proverbs 6:6
      It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
        Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise! Proverbs 6:6
        Y'know I always thought that was 'aunt' not 'ant'.

Certainly applied to several of mine

Comment

Sounds interesting.
          I already know that when ants are ill they take antibiotics.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
          X