Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Fosse

...."though commercial success has eluded him in UK - despite having his works appearing on Radio 3" {via R4 6oCN)......tee hee

....now a Nobel prizewinner /literature....up yours GB....
    Last edited by eighthobstruction; 05-10-23, 19:20.
    bong ching

He sounds like the kind of writer I could get into, although I'm sorry to say I had never heard of him before today.

Comment

It's either my own shortcoming (I'm happy to acknowledge that) or the fact that foreign language writers, even when translated into English, don't get much coverage over here, that I hadn't heard of him. Perhaps he's just 'not the right kind' of writer. I was nevertheless surprised to see that his Wikipedia article was begun in 2004.

Have just read The Guardian's 'Where to start' article which is useful. I wonder if the 2nd volume of Septology ('The Masterpiece'), entitled 'I is another' is a reference (by Fosse or by the translator?) to Rimbaud's Je est un autre.
      Last edited by french frank; 05-10-23, 20:40. Reason: Addition
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Fosse's 2023 A Shining is a single paragraph over 28 pages.
        I bit like a stream of consciousness thing

Comment

Working...
        X