Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poet Laureate in the Arctic

I really enjoyed the fact that the PL listened to his companions and wasn't always trying to show us that he had the metaphors and similes ready whenever he needed them. Perhaps he could spare the time to take over Ramblings.

Simon Armitage is in the Arctic to witness climate change and write new poems in response.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Maybe he could stay there..............for a bit, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        Maybe he could stay there..............for a bit, anyway?
        An uncharitable and unnecessary statement.

His poems as Poet Laureate are appropriate to the brief (however that may be interpreted) and shows skill and an appreciation of what gone before. Even if you don’t like his poetry, he knows his stuff. His his broadcasts, in whatever medium, are worthy of attention, and his speaking voice is poetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgrove View Post
          An uncharitable and unnecessary statement.

His poems as Poet Laureate are appropriate to the brief (however that may be interpreted) and shows skill and an appreciation of what gone before. Even if you don’t like his poetry, he knows his stuff. His his broadcasts, in whatever medium, are worthy of attention, and his speaking voice is poetic.

Comment

<< His poems as Poet Laureate are appropriate to the brief (however that may be interpreted) and shows skill and an appreciation of what gone before >>
            ENTIRELY agree - it just smacks to me of being a bit of PR much of the time/
            Sorry if my remark was over-aggressive. Big Apols. ​

Comment

Working...
            X