Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Passions-Joan Plowright,R3

Have just set the recorder for today's Private Passions, R3, (25 Sept), 12.00-13.00hrs.
    I've been a devotee of Dame Joan Plowright's work since first seeing her in Wesker's, Roots, at the Royal Court in the late 50s and her range of work at the Royal National Theatre is enormous; an unforgettable Masha in The Three Sisters, with Olivier & Redgrave, is mercifully preserved on video for regular viewing. Her marriage to Olivier had stormy moments but her loyalty to him as Director of the NT was always foremost. Sad to hear that she has now lost her sight. A distinguished artist.

It was good to hear her memories, and her voice sounded strong. I didn't particularly enjoy her choice of music, but I recited the Shakespeare sonnet with her, and I didn't need the text either!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
      It was good to hear her memories, and her voice sounded strong. I didn't particularly enjoy her choice of music, but I recited the Shakespeare sonnet with her, and I didn't need the text either!
      Likewise, I didn't especially enjoy much of her choice of music. Music is such a personal thing. I loved the programme though.
      Last edited by Stanfordian; 25-09-16, 15:54.

Comment

Working...
      X