Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine BBC4

A must watch programme about South African film-maker William Kemtridge. On BBC 4 tonight (interview with Yentob) at 2100, followed by two of his weird but politically pertinent films.

Alan Yentob joins artist William Kentridge as he prepares a frieze along the River Tiber.

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    A must watch programme about South African film-maker William Kemtridge. On BBC 4 tonight (interview with Yentob) at 2100, followed by two of his weird but politically pertinent films.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0842jbg
    Kentridge recently featured on Private Passions, of course:

"...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

The current show dedicated to him at the Royal Academy is epic.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0842jbg
        I will look that out, ardcarp.
        Mrs C and I watched Yentob last night on i-player, following Sonia Boyce putting together her show for the British Pavilion in the Giardini in Venice. It was a very interesting programme, despite the fawning Alan, and Ms Boyce handled things very well.
        We are not long back from the Biennale - Mrs C had been desperate to see the present shows before they close this month. I was less inclined but loved the whole experience. We visited the British Pavilion during our day in the Giardini, but I was not particularly persuaded by the female voices on display. I was surprised that Boyce had won the golden bull award - we certainly saw lots more of interest than that particular space. Nonetheless, I loved her story and some of the earlier work that they explored in the programme was terrific. She's certainly an inspirational figure - I loved her daughters who were wonderful commentators throughout the programme.

Comment

Working...
        X