Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Essay. Science Notes with James Burke

Broadcaster James Burke links organisms that might not exist to a freemason’s opera.

Noticed these when looking at the radio 3 schedule, I usually in bed without radio at broadcast time but think I will try listen to them this weekend or Monday.

Anyone being staying up late and heard them ?
    Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s1lc

Noticed these when looking at the radio 3 schedule, I usually in bed without radio at broadcast time but think I will try listen to them this weekend or Monday.

Anyone being staying up late and heard them ?
    Personally I haven't, so thanks for drawing this series to my attention Jason.

Comment

Interestingly, I caught last night's edition. It was very interesting and I liked the way the contrasting themes were woven together. However, I was annoyed by the end of the programme which cut off half way through the piece of music they played - it was Liszt's Grande Galop Chromatique and I wanted to know who the pianist was. I've looked at the website this afternoon but there is no indication. More sloppy work by Radio3
      Best regards,
      Jonathan

Comment

I listened to an earlier one - too much like Mornington Crescent for my taste - a slower less 'contrived' linkage would be my preference as I like the implied concept that many ideas are linked in ways not immediately obvious.

Comment

Just enjoyed the first essay, looking forward to catching up with the rest when I can.

Comment

Essay 2, romance good ... seems a lot of scientific history and not sure it really effected classical music development like he seems to think though. Still, interesting stuff.

James Burke links planetary orbits, the teeny-weeny and fake Scottish literature.

Comment

Working...
            X