Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Essay - Art from the Outside

As recommended by mondays daily telegraph, certainly looks interesting.

Psychologist Professor Victoria Tischler celebrates 'outsider art.' Art created by the marginalised, the untrained, those outside the establishment.

Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Enjoyed the first essay via the website yesterday and just enjoyed the second essay, interesting stuff

Essay 2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hg5k

Comment

Listening to essay three, getting a bit same really..artists with mental health issues..

Comment

The fourth essay has some good views on hallucinations, as someone with schizophrenia I find this very interesting.

Comment

Very enjoyable final essay about a Japanese artist and enabling arts spaces.

Comment

With all Jason's recommendations I suppose I'm just gonna have to listen to the series, though goodness knows when!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              With all Jason's recommendations I suppose I'm just gonna have to listen to the series, though goodness knows when!
              ....I'm piggy-backing on this thread as I couldn't find a souly general Essay thread....It is a shame that R3 do not do as many podcast do on iplayer do i.e. deliver the series as a whole in one dollop....case in point Death in Trieste 5 episodes on 5 consecutive night this week....i dare say after Friday the series will be on iplayer....but this does not aid memory short/longterm....the next thing is on the way, will i remember, will something crop up....etc etc .Just how many people will be listening live (this dryish/research subject), how many will listen daily or in some fashion to individual repeats on iplayer....R3 HERE I AM, ready to listen , BUT....
              bong ching

Comment

I used to listen to radio 3 non stop after work and often fell asleep with the late programs so being able to catch up via the website is really usefull, now i have to juggle radio with housework and childcare and watching tv.

Comment

Working...
                X