Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The verb - names

I keep hearing adverts on the radio for this weeks verb, it does sound an intrigueing episode. Bit late but one to listen to via the website sometime this weekend.
    Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

David Edgar drama: Trying It On

Re-broadcast from 2018 at 2.45pm today:

Playwright David Edgar debus as a performer in his political one-man show from 2018, being broadcast to celebrate his 75th birthday. The year is 1968 and David is 20 and in his second hear at university. Student revolts. theVietman war, Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech and the assassination of Martin Luther Kin define David's politics and launch his writing career. Fifty years on, the 70-year-old is confronted by his 20-year-old self. Do they share the same beliefs? With Paul Heath as the young David.

Celebrated playwright David Edgar performs his autobiographical solo show.

No doubt many of us feel rather the same, I don't know? As one who was massively impressed by his TV play "Destiny" back in 1978, (link below), I can't wait to find out!

David Edgar's brilliant 1978 BBC Play for Today about a National Front-like political party. Spot on, beautifully written and an all star cast.

Comment

Just managed to catch this verb, excelleny stuff with great poems
      Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Working...
      X