Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by string View Post
    FF can we post on here if there is a good play and just put R4 in the title as with Do3?
    Of course you can. Our regulars have been doing that on and off already when they want to recommend a play - or signal one that is coming up.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Erm, a genuine question but delicate. It is early days there. Before it gets much later, is there anyone from here who could help them to set up a vBulletin one along these lines?

Comment

Well, the extraordinary thing AFAICS is that they seem to be taking no lessons from the axing of R3 mbs at all, but apparently sitting with fingers in their ears under the table.

Unfortunately too, there is one particularly egregious WUM among a handful over there sparking fury and thus distraction from the main issue on some of the relevant threads.

Comment

Even though I enjoy a bit of banter on messageboards (and have learnt some great things etc etc) i'm not really sure that the BBC should be spending its money (and i'm not really interested in how much either !) on having them. I don't see the removal of this as an "attack on democracy" and in any case I certainly don't want my Radio decided by so called "democratic" consultation (which would mean that the wonderful Andre R and sublime Einaudi appearing every 10 minutes).
          There are plenty of places (such as this )for people to discuss music and culture without the BBC. There used to be a display in the foyer of the BBC media centre in White City all about how the BBC was encouraging "user defined content".............aaaaaaaaargh please don't I want my news bulletins written by someone who can string a sentence together and has read more than 3 books and I want my radio 3 programmed by someone who has actually LISTENED to lots of music , of all genres, not by a load of opinionated enthusiasts (and that does include ME ).

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
            Erm, a genuine question but delicate. It is early days there. Before it gets much later, is there anyone from here who could help them to set up a vBulletin one along these lines?
            I'm supposing you need to have your own website first - vBulletin is only the forum software (which costs money). I don't know what's around in terms of free website space.

The danger will be what happened to the original r3ok: it was set up by someone popping up out of the blue, free software (paid for by the advertising), and disappeared overnight. When you already have a community - as r3ok then did - you can set up a more stable alternative. But they did have the old BBC boards to regroup on, which the R4 people won't. (Gosh, you don't think the BBC has set it up to lure everyone over there and then ... Whoooooooooooooooo .... )

and I want my radio 3 programmed by someone who has actually LISTENED to lots of music , of all genres, not by a load of opinionated enthusiasts (and that does include ME ).
            Quite agree, MrGG.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X