Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Row debate on R4

This considered the pros and cons (and amounts) of state funding of the arts. The philistine in the group made a wonderful gaffe which had everyone hysterical with laughter...but I won't give it away!

Are artists owed a living? John Wilson hosts a public debate at the Hull Truck Theatre.

(Repeated tonight at 9.30)

Comment

Yes he did - didn't he?....
      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        Yes he did - didn't he?....
        At approx 13 minutes.

Not surprising it's blue - in this weather.

Comment

There are several other BBC Arts Get Creative public discussions around the UK this week, free to attend: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/sections/get-creative

Comment

i thought that the discussion was very patchy and poorly led; quite what was the point of the taxpayer owes the artist a living questions eludes me, other than tabloid schlock ... a shame some of the panel had interesting things to say ...
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              i thought that the discussion was very patchy and poorly led; quite what was the point of the taxpayer owes the artist a living questions eludes me, other than tabloid schlock ... a shame some of the panel had interesting things to say ...
              I thought everybody just tended to trip out platitudes.

Comment

And John Wilson is one of me betes noires. Asks a question then answers it before stopping to let interviewee talk. Awful. Mark Lawson or Tom Sutcliffe would have minced some of those guys and led them out better.

Comment

Working...
                X