No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americana

Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus - BBC Arena 2004

Jim White takes a road trip into the heart of the poor white American South. (2004)

This Arena film, which also had a limited cinema release, is truly outstanding. The trailer below gives a better indication of what this
    film is about than the clip on the BBC page -

Searching for The Wrong-Eyed Jesus is a captivating and compelling road trip through the creative spirit of the the Southern U.S. Director Andrew Douglas's f...

....very much up my street of quirky....moves along well, with some great characters, and a beginning for a musical odyssey for me....
    bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by FRJames View Post
      Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus - BBC Arena 2004

This Arena film, which also had a limited cinema release, is truly outstanding.
      Bookmarked, FRJ.

Later.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post

Bookmarked, FRJ.

Later
        One week later - I watched the piece a few times. I admired the documentary style and the depiction of the places visited. I also enjoyed the stories, and their presentation, as well as much of the music and its particular performance. I had difficulty with interpreting accents thereby missing some information for fully understanding the narrative. Some of the negative impressions I already had of the 'poor South', derived from various documentaries, films, country music and articles thereof etc, were somewhat confirmed. For example 'old time religion' (choose Jesus or choose Hell), relaxed attitudes to law and order (doing bad's exciting), and the general run-down, neglected air of resignation abroad.
        I feel I can't be more analytical than this.
        My reaction to the programme was one of interested anticipation, which ended in disappointment. Sorry FRJ

Comment

Working...
        X