Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behaving Ourselves: Mitchell on Manners

This 4-parter, on from 9 to 9.30 every morning this week on Radio 4 untill Thursday, looks lightheartedly at differences between manners and etiquette, and proving to have been a wonderful spirits raiser this morning, comes strongly recommended by me:

Comparisons can be made with recent TV programmes showing how our ideas about what constitutes acceptable humour have changed drastically since the days of Benny Hill.

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    This 4-parter, on from 9 to 9.30 every morning this week on Radio 4 untill Thursday, looks lightheartedly at differences between manners and etiquette, and proving to have been a wonderful spirits raiser this morning, comes strongly recommended by me:

Comparisons can be made with recent TV programmes showing how our ideas about what constitutes acceptable humour have changed drastically since the days of Benny Hill.
    Allowing for the sad possibility that he did indeed once have "days", even his "humour" was a notch or eleven about that of Bernard Manning (whom I once thought the illustrious Jane of that ilk ought to have sued for copyright infringement)...

Comment

Working...
    X