Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris Opera-Ballet Parade to Berlioz's 'Trojan March'

This makes fascinating viewing: shortly after the start of this clip, the entire and enormous Corps de Ballet and Soloists of the Paris Opera slowly advance towards the front of the stage to the strains of Berlioz's "Trojan March." They're walking in what I take to be the 'first position' (feet pointing outwards), girls and women first and then the boys and men. Berlioz's music is just right for this procession! ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

God, I love the French! So simple, so effective!

The look of regal hauteur on Aurelie Dupont's face as the crowd cheers - breathtaking! - a flare of the nostrils, like a prize racehorse.

The men are worth waiting for too; that cheeky look back as downstage pairs turn to the side.

Many thanks!

NVV

Comment

Well, I don't know what they do to the enemy, but by god, they terrify me.

Amazing, but it did look like a parade of automaton.

(I don't know about the flaring nostrils being a look of 'regal hauteur', probably more like trying to breath while keeping a smile fixed on one's face.)

I did like the pleasure shown by Brigitte Lefevre at the end, & her surprise at finding the dancers had left the stage behind her, leaving her to receive the applause on her own.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        (I don't know about the flaring nostrils being a look of 'regal hauteur', probably more like trying to breath while keeping a smile fixed on one's face.)
        Well, that's the way it seemed to me, but perhaps you more enjoy slapping down other people's enjoyment... nasty.

Comment

Working...
        X