Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've just finished watching the third episode. I'm afraid I did find it an annoying, stylish, empty, expensive load of sherlocks - like the second one (although that was improved by the great Toby Jones). Didn't mind the first one so much, the one aired on New Year's Day, although it slickly and cynically swept away the complexities at the end of the previous series, with an "oh we're bored of that" shrug. I persevered with the latest / last one to see if they managed to make something substantial and good of the ending. Sadly disappointed. Hope this was his Final Bow.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Hope this was his Final Bow.
      Well - nobody needs to watch, if there is a further series (or are further series). A little uncharitable to deny those of us who enjoyed it our further small pleasures in a cruel-and-getting-crueller-as-from-4:00pm-this-afternoon-our-time world.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Well - nobody needs to watch, if there is a further series (or are further series). A little uncharitable to deny those of us who enjoyed it our further small pleasures in a cruel-and-getting-crueller-as-from-4:00pm-this-afternoon-our-time world.
        Mebbe.... I suppose it was mainly because if there are more, I will certainly watch because in the course of the series, there have been a few good ones in which the slick style hasn't overtaken the content! I just fear disappointment!

I also hope that Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law get their act together and make a third Sherlock Holmes film - now they were enjoyable adaptations, I thought!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Just caught up with episode 3 last night...enjoyed the craziness of it all and Cumbie's Scottish accent, even if the whole thing didn't quite hang together...thought the representation of the passing of the time was great, from a very fine actor!

Comment

I'll let you into a little secret that works for us. Look at who the main writer is. If it is Stephen Moffat then chances are it's going to be good. If it is Mark Gatiss, well, don't fret if you miss it.
            Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

Working...
            X