Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by gradus View Post
    On Today, Mr Farage has just alleged, presumably seriously but hard to judge, that the Russians have been at it again with the petition. They just can't help themselves.
    Given that you have to give your postcode, and be emailed back to your email address before your vote is counted....a 2-step process, which must make it easier to spot fraud.....

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
      Given that you have to give your postcode, and be emailed back to your email address before your vote is counted....a 2-step process, which must make it easier to spot fraud.....
      But I don't know if it can deal with multiple votes from one person with different addresses? I can't find it now but yesterday when I was looking at the BTL offerings from online news reports there was one from someone describing gleefully how he had already 'signed' 20 times, and urging others to do likewise. Not helpful whichever side of the divide you are.
      It was interesting watching the figures changing - on a couple of occasions the total dropped by several thousand and then came back with an increase on the suspended figure. Was that due to checks eliminating some votes?

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        But I don't know if it can deal with multiple votes from one person with different addresses? I can't find it now but yesterday when I was looking at the BTL offerings from online news reports there was one from someone describing gleefully how he had already 'signed' 20 times, and urging others to do likewise. Not helpful whichever side of the divide you are.
        It was interesting watching the figures changing - on a couple of occasions the total dropped by several thousand and then came back with an increase on the suspended figure. Was that due to checks eliminating some votes?
        More likely a back=up total associated with one of the several crashes, I would suggest.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          I've found a rather amusing, but probably actionable, anagram of the gentleman's name. Without being too specific, I can say that you may require the services of an anagramgenius… (sic).
          You lost me there. Anagram solvers don’t help. Ah well ....

Comment

• HighlandDougie
            • Nov 2010

Try googling 'Nigel Farage anagram'.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
              Try googling 'Nigel Farage anagram'.

... I think the best anagram is this one :

[ WARNING : not suitable for delicate sensibilities ]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

I once knew a girl in Bristol called Ana. She originated from Liverpool.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

An average of around 5,000 appear to have signed in each constituency, so far.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Spot on

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Petition has now been signed by 4.3 million people, nearly all in the UK.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

A number of brexiteer pundits claim to have successfully signed multiple times. However, I have yet to see or hear any of them offering proof of such claims of success. My understanding is that many such attempts get weeded out. Bristol West seems a particularly strong participant, as far as individual constituencies are concerned.

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          And , of course, he offered clear evidence.
                          Aiming for a woozle effect, perhaps.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            Aiming for a woozle effect, perhaps.
                            Niggle Farige cited PD Staines who included claimed transcripts showing overseas signatories from "North Korea", etc.in his GF blog. However, whoever heard of the DPRK using the designation "North Korea"?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

The twitter insult uses too many letters/words...this can be self-defeating... my own name for him is simply:
                              ​FAKER FARAGE.

Just to return to fictional TV Drama for a moment (!), some fun in time of crisis (!), missa in tempore belli, anyone else seen POSE (BBC2)...?
                              Wonderful show, great review here...
                              https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...lroom-new-york

It can be a bit primary-coloured sometimes, the storytelling slightly over-obvious & signposted, but the dance sequences & LGBTQ-Club vogueing are great, and the music... from disco to Whitney Houston to Kate Bush.... and I really had a few tears in my eyes when young, homeless outcast Damon danced to I wanna dance with somebody....to impress the teachers & get into dance school........talk about dancing for your life...

It has quite the range... bespoke-suited exec from the Trump Tower doing the nocturnal kerbcrawl...

(All episodes available on sounds/iplayer now...given the recent row over LGBTQ relationship & sex education really very timely..)
                              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 23-03-19, 21:28.

Comment

• Conchis
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2014

This Time.....continues to impress. Some people are disappointed that it's not 'laugh out loud' funny, but I don't think that was ever the idea. Perhaps last night's episode - with Partridge tackling feminism, with predictable results - was a bit obvious, but last week's Irish Alan impersonator was genuinely hilarious. I've been singing The Men Behind The Wire ever since.....

Comment

Working...
                                X