X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Killing Eve

....sorry my dyslexia has muddled me and fail before I start....a false start I am afraid ....and then I accidently hit send....apologises....

....pulls head into cowl and plods off....
    Last edited by eighthobstruction; 22-09-18, 11:20.
    bong ching
  • Tevot
    • Nov 2010

Hello there,

I had the pleasure of watching Killing Eve a few months ago (I believe it was aired in the USA back in April and May)

I enjoyed it a lot and would agree that Jodie Comer is one hell of a talent to watch. I look forward to seeing her in other roles.

Best Wishes,

Tevot

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

As I said on 'The Bodyguard' thread I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of 'Killing Eve'. It reminded me of the characterisation of the 1980s series Cagney & Lacey. Sandra Oh as Eve Polastri was soon annoying me. It's not for me!

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

... I am enjoying this enormously. I see that Hugo Rifkind in The Times is a fan too - "Killing Eve has already had a lot of praise and deserves all of it. ....What makes it so good, though, is Waller-Bridge’s instinctive feel for a very human sort of comedy. Agents and enemies alike embarrass themselves, get irritated by the wrong things, fancy each other and never pass up an opportunity for a gag, even amid an overall vibe of tension, fear and occasional sadness."

I think it's a hoot : it has great visual style, and the actress playing Villanelle is a revelation. (I know she was in Dr Foster, but she hardly registered there).

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

....Yes Jodie Comer is gigglely and coquettish, but coldblooded and decisive....Relationships is the thing - small comedies between Villanelle and manager, Eve and her boss [David Haig, great comedy actor], Eve and husband, Eve and Martens [Fiona Shaw],dialogue and craic....it's a giggle, no doubt more and more inventive ways will be found to kill people/make entry/make escape....and lovely fashions, yes style....and great music (mostly original to my ears)....colourful....I think too it is likely to cleverly swing away from the course we (me) now think it is going....(good ol'Hugo Rifkind [is the d silent])....

....sorry about OP....
          bong ching

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            (good ol'Hugo Rifkind [is the d silent])....
            I'm sure we used to sound the D when talking about his dad.....

....sorry about OP....
            OP just fine - I tried to transfer comments about this from the Bodyguard thread but my toolkit does not cover that thread, for some reason. Perhaps ferney?......

For the record, I'm sure I recognised the Bucks setting from Midsomer Murders, and commented on the Siberian Chiffchaff password.....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
              ... I am enjoying this enormously.
              - I've spent the last week going through all eight episodes - great, gruesome fun.

the actress playing Villanelle is a revelation. (I know she was in Dr Foster, but she hardly registered there).
              I didn't watch Dr Foster, but she was also good in the Michael Palin ghost story series, partly set in Scarborough from three years or so ago.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Spurred by this thread, watched the first episode. Hooked! I very much like its style.

Good to see Kim Bodnia from the original "Bridge" too
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• alycidon
                  • Feb 2013

I didn’t think that I was going to like it after the first twenty minutes, but I am enjoying it now.
                  Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by alycidon View Post
                    I didn’t think that I was going to like it after the first twenty minutes, but I am enjoying it now.
                    Going with what others are saying on here, I shall watch Episode 2; but unless I can discover anything to like or care about any of the characters, the irony or "funny" side of this series will have to pass me by.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

....this was just on R4....didn't read any of the reviews folk highlighted as I wanted virgin territory....BUT....https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bknc70
                      bong ching

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

....this was just on R4....didn't read any of the reviews folk highlighted as I wanted virgin territory....BUT...https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bknc70
                        I heard that - people can listen to it without worrying about spoilers. BUT ... (or, indeed, "butt") if I'd heard this before I'd watched the series, I probably wouldn't've watched the series.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          I heard that - people can listen to it without worrying about spoilers. BUT ... (or, indeed, "butt") if I'd heard this before I'd watched the series, I probably wouldn't've watched the series.
                          ....pray tell....was it because like me you watched Fleabag and gave up on it....[for the fickle reason I hated watching cringy characters/situations ,man with buck teeth who talked in a strange manner....]....
                          bong ching

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

....pray tell....was it because like me you watched Fleabag and gave up on it....[for the fickle reason I hated watching cringy characters/situations ,man with buck teeth who talked in a strange manner....]....
                            No - I hadn't encountered Fleabag - it's just that Phoebe Waller-Bridge came across in that R4 profile as somebody whose work wouldn't appeal to me.

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

Fleabag was a joy, and Phoebe W.-B.'s performance in it compelling.

Comment

Working...
                              X