No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    whooopeee! hope it is good!
    I've just read the interview with Gary Oldman in the Sunday Times magazine, with a picture of him as Smiley. He doesn't look remotely like Smiley - a huge moustache, and glasses he chose himself for the part, apparently. I'm already worried enough about Colin Firth as Bill Haydon, but perhaps he can. er, act the part.

Comment

promising review of TTSS
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

That's better - very encouraging. The ST article was misleading, it wasn't a picture of G Oldman as Smiley.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is finally more about the journey than the destination; more fascinated with the detail than the denouement.
        Very true. Just as satisfying on a re-read (of my battered first edn)

Comment

See also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jqtjj

David Hare has spent his life making things up in search of the truth.

With his prolific output of plays and screenplays, he has become one of the most influential chroniclers of modern Britain - a left-leaning playwright whose anger has been variously directed at deceitful politicians, cynical media barons and grasping bankers.

He accepted a knighthood from Tony blair, then excoriated him for his role in the Iraq war.

Now that Britain is back in conservative hands, does Sir David Hare still have fire in his belly?
          five days left to listen again

Comment

apologies for the split thread but the reviews for Tinker TSS are wonderful!

Telegraph
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

apologies for the split thread but the reviews for Tinker TSS are wonderful!

Telegraph
              Much as I love the BBC version, I can't wait to see this! What a fantastic cast. And I loved "Let the Right one in", by the same director.
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

TTSS got a 3 minute feature on last night's BBC's 10pm news, also can't wait to see it, looks really good, don't know when it may show here, our independent cinema never tells you what's on more than a week in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                X