X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Jun 2024

True Love - BBC

Watched the first one last night...spellbound...superb acting....tight directing...excellent and restrained background music.

A must see. Over the next five nights.
  • Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    Watched the first one last night...spellbound...superb acting....tight directing...excellent and restrained background music.

Hmmmm. Watched most of the first one. I wasn't clear whether the improvisation extended to the direction the plot should take, or whether the actors were merely required to improvise dialogue within a given framework - do you know RM? I think there's a basic fallacy with improvisation - great actors may be great at inhabiting and realising characters devised by great writers, but rubbish at creating characters themselves.

My impression was that the music was having to work quite hard to compensate for the lack of a script.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post

Yes, I enjoyed the first one too, the actors conveyed a great deal with looks and gestures, and the few words were well weighted. The living-room scene, where the wife told of meeting the husband's old flame, and the husband told (ambiguously well-meaning) lies, was almost too close to the bone. That last "I'm sorry" was a story in itself...

Comment

Working...
      X