Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rivetting stuff, my loose-ends list starts with Laura's Dad, who didn't want her to identify her attempted killer to the police initially and presumably it was he, her father, who organised her abduction from the hospital involving the shooting of an attendant/guard. Also the IT connection might link to the company she part-timed for which led to her being in the car-park where she was shot and her superior ending up in a blue can full of lye.

Comment

Yep, the whole Laura and Laura's Dad thing is inexplicable!
      UNLESS
      he's the shadowy nasty who shot Gertrud?

Comment

I don't want to post a spoiler for people who might not have watched the final episodes live and are intending to catch up on iPlayer. I thought it was a great series but I was very saddened by the development right at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by clive heath View Post
          Rivetting stuff, my loose-ends list starts with Laura's Dad, who didn't want her to identify her attempted killer to the police initially
          I don't think the dad was a loose end - just a red-herring: I thought that it became clear that he didn't call the police because he was angry at the way Saga had treated his daughter the first time they'd tried to interview the daughter.

I thought the shadowy 'unknown' at the end was a younger man.

Autumn 2016 seems an awful long time to wait for the continuation ... because I completely agree: addictive and absorbing, and the filming and 'choreography' of the final scenes reached new heights. Plus Martin being confronted in his hotel room with his demon/s was really affecting and had me jumping...

Terrific!
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            I don't think the dad was a loose end - just a red-herring: I thought that it became clear that he didn't call the police because he was angry at the way Saga had treated his daughter the first time they'd tried to interview the daughter.

Autumn 2016 seems an awful long time to wait for the continuation ... because I completely agree: addictive and absorbing, and the filming and 'choreography' of the final scenes reached new heights. Plus Martin being confronted in his hotel room with his demon/s was really affecting and had me jumping...

Terrific!

As usual M'Lud says it all ......superb...

And anyone with any worries about Season 3 - an article in yesterday's Grauniad might just help......

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Possibly - but he could easily have asked for different police officers (and this was after the attempt on his daughter's life in the hospital that led to her Maths teacher's death; so, if true, he must be seriously hacked off with Saga, or incredibly stupid [not impossible].)

But then -

Yes, so did I. Marvellously tantalizing end of the detective story. And as for the other elements: wow! (And I'll treasure the image of Saga's fury when Martin tried to touch her after telling her that he knew about her sister's death: totally unlike the person we've seen throughout both series, lasting a microsecond on screen - but white hot!)

Plus Martin being confronted in his hotel room with his demon/s was really affecting and had me jumping...
              ... out of my skin at one point!

Terrific!
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                the image of Saga's fury when Martin tried to touch her after telling her that he knew about her sister's death: totally unlike the person we've seen throughout both series, lasting a microsecond on screen - but white hot!
                Oh yes - another 'out of my skin' moment...

(There's a moment like that in 'Wolf of Wall Street' when diCaprio does the same thing - a sudden explosion of something unrecognisable, visually and emotionally)
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Perhaps we need a 'spoiler' thread for people who've watched the final episodes - I have some ideas I'd like to discuss, and this isn't the appropriate place as not everyone's seen those last two episodes yet.
                  Steve

Comment

I may have missed postings about the theme music 'Hollow Talk' by the Choir of Young Believers. I needed to find the lyrics online to understand the words being sung, so distorted are they. I still can't make up my mind what is the singer's accent and what is deliberately distorted. The lyrics are somewhat obscure, to say the least. Yet the overall effect of the track is haunting. I thought it inspired film making to run this theme music over the final scenes of the series. I suppose the idea in part is that Saga is a 'hollow girl', though that isn't the way I see her.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                      I may have missed postings about the theme music 'Hollow Talk' by the Choir of Young Believers. I needed to find the lyrics online to understand the words being sung, so distorted are they. I still can't make up my mind what is the singer's accent and what is deliberately distorted. The lyrics are somewhat obscure, to say the least. Yet the overall effect of the track is haunting. I thought it inspired film making to run this theme music over the final scenes of the series. I suppose the idea in part is that Saga is a 'hollow girl', though that isn't the way I see her.
                      Like Fleet Foxes, these Danish folkies do the baroque harmonic pop jams thing, and their songs have the same quasi-religious feel, with a similarly solemn, churchy atmosphere
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

"you are my only friend"

oh what an end

call it hokum if you must but imho that misses thepoint ... all such dramas have unlikely plot lines ....

might we agree a date when the spoiler alert can be lifted, say 14th Feb?
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                            might we agree a date when the spoiler alert can be lifted, say 14th Feb?
                            Well, the iPlayer availability ends on 8 February, so why not the ninth?

Comment

Comment

I thought we'd already had enough spoilers to sink a sailing smack full of failed medical trial corpses!!

Did anyone see Hugh F-W's programme about Scandi cooking? He gave a lovely recipe for red herrings ......

Comment

Working...
                                X