Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, plot wise, I'm afraid I fear Series 4 completely lost its way.
    FAR, far too many strands, hints, plots many of which were either not tackled, left tangled or remained inexplicable - and I re-watched to see if I could clear things up a little. Erm...........very little luck on that.
    Some VG acting but frankly, it was mired in seeing clarity of 'plot' as irrelevance.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Well, plot wise, I'm afraid I fear Series 4 completely lost its way.
      FAR, far too many strands, hints, plots many of which were either not tackled, left tangled or remained inexplicable - and I re-watched to see if I could clear things up a little. Erm...........very little luck on that.
      Some VG acting but frankly, it was mired in seeing clarity of 'plot' as irrelevance.
      Hmmm....a bit like life then? Wondering if that was the idea....

I agree, very hard to follow or analyse while viewing: many, many characters, of whom I quickly lost track.

Comment

Well, that’s that then. What a tremendous programme it’s been.
        Steve

Comment

Yes, fine epi.

Some thoughts:

1. In Denmark and Sweden there are subtitles in the respective languages when the scene moves across the bridge. In UK, the subtitles are ONLY in English, and the serious disadvantage is that for UK viewers it was de temps en temps pretty nigh on impossible to realise that the action took place in two different countries much of the time. Well.....correction - THIS UK viewer found it nigh on impossible.

2. The plot tangle was immense, and I think maybe the BBC misguided to offer it as just one hour a week. The two-epi-slabs following the programming format on BBC4 were for me far easier in that continuity was more readily assisted. Those who record, of course, can have it all ways, I do appreciate. And of course the BBC want ratings, I alos see that.

3. Having set up so formidable a team in front and behind the camera, built a big international audience, and with so many SLs developed, it would seem TV-madness to say that that's the last ever in the series. There were so many other plot lines in there that there would seem to be lines for development beyond those with Saga. Having said that, what the heck SHE next does must be a real question for her career.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            Yes, fine epi.

Some thoughts:

2. The plot tangle was immense, and I think maybe the BBC misguided to offer it as just one hour a week. The two-epi-slabs following the programming format on BBC4 were for me far easier in that continuity was more readily assisted. Those who record, of course, can have it all ways, I do appreciate. And of course the BBC want ratings, I alos see that.
            Completely agree, Draco. Kept losing track - binge watching might be better, but I still loved the final episode. One of the highlights for me has been the standard of acting - Saga, of course, but also Thure Lindhardt as Henrik Sabroe and I loved Saga's pal, the pathologist...give him a series, I say.

Comment

Wow. Wonderful series - I hope ... well ... y'know.

My only niggling criticism - the Counsellor. Perhaps they have different attitudes in Sweden, but she seemed far too prescriptive, "advice-giving" ... I don't think that any such practitioner would behave in such a way.

But ... Saturday nights are going to be so much emptier now. And I'm going to treat myself to the boxed set of all four series.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Season One is back on Saturdays (from yesterday 15 August) and on iPlayer, available for over a year. One of the best series I've seen on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                  Season One is back on Saturdays (from yesterday 15 August) and on iPlayer, available for over a year. One of the best series I've seen on tv.
                  Yes, couldn’t resist revisiting last night. Top drawer stuff.
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                    Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X