Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baroque Concert by the Soloists of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment

Radio3 Lunchtime Concert: 3rd to 6th May
    In the first of this week's baroque concerts from St. George's, Bristol, the Brass Soloists of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment take a Grand Tour of Italy, Spain, Germany and England.
    and
    Friday: The final concert from St. George's, Bristol, with the Soloists of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment play baroque music for flute, oboe, trumpet, violins and continuo

I am listening to the first concert now. Not too sure if this group is distinct enough for an-hour concert but interesting all the same.
    [ed.] and enjoyable.
    Last edited by doversoul1; 05-05-11, 20:49.

I was at these concerts when they were played at King's Place in February and I'm delighted to hear them again. Wonderful, spirited, insightful performances. But then, as an OAE Friend, I might be considered biased but I hope not!

Comment

I will have to catch today's on the on demand iPlayer a little later. The 'live' HD Sound stream has just bombed out here.

Comment

It'll be worth it, Bryn. BTW, what's the best way to get the live HD stream to my Arcam?

Comment

Sorry David, I have no idea, other than using suitable software to intercept the FLV stream, then extract the aac file, decode it to PCM and feed that to the Arcam. PM me for further details if you like.

Comment

Working...
          X