Going to the Lufthansa Baroque Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pilamenon
    • Nov 2010

Going to the Lufthansa Baroque Festival?

Look at all these goodies!

Herreweghe Bach B Minor Mass sold out, but to be broadcast live on R3 this Friday.
    :cool2:
    Last edited by pilamenon; 09-05-11, 19:34. Reason: spelling
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

It's many years since I went to this event in London, but I always remember it being so full of good things and the church has a delightful atmosphere. I'm glad to hear the festival is still going strong!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by pilamenon View Post
      Look at all these goodies!

Herreweghe Bach B Minor Mass sold out, but to be broadcast live on R3 this Friday.

Nice to see that the Lufthansa Festival hasn't snaffled all the best acts.
      :cool2:

Comment

• pilamenon
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
        What are you up to, Ofcachap?

Comment

• Dilbert

Thanks for the link, Pilamenon. There's such a choice that I find it hard to be selective... but for the exorbitant price of rail tickets (oh, and the day job).

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Dunno what happened there! I was merely offering an alternative spelling of the name of the German airline involved.

Comment

• doversoul1
              Ex Member
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
              Thanks for the link, Pilamenon. There's such a choice that I find it hard to be selective... but for the exorbitant price of rail tickets (oh, and the day job).

The Early Music Show usually broadcast some of the concerts later in the year. So watch out. It’s not quite the same when it’s dark and cold but the music is just as wonderful.

[ed] Performance on 3 Tuesday 17 May. An all Buxtehude programme
              Last edited by doversoul1; 09-05-11, 21:41.

Comment

• pilamenon
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                The Early Music Show usually broadcast some of the concerts later in the year. So watch out. It’s not quite the same when it’s dark and cold but the music is just as wonderful.

[ed] Performance on 3 Tuesday 17 May. An all Buxtehude programme
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0112fw2
                Thanks for the info, doversoul. Top-class performers doing the Brandenburgs, the B Minor Mass and Membra Jesu nostri all live in the space of eight days. What riches!

The Lufthansa Festival offers an adventurous programme of concerts, ranging from vocal and instrumental music for small ensembles to large-scale masterpieces, with foremost singers and period instrument orchestras from continental Europe and UK.

(Thanks for the correction, Ofcachap. I tried to change the thread title, but couldn't work out how to.)

Dilbert, why not go along to see Gustav Leonhardt (83 later this month) on Sunday afternoon? Cheap weekend return to Victoria?

Comment

• Dilbert

Originally posted by pilamenon View Post

... why not go along to see Gustav Leonhardt (83 later this month) on Sunday afternoon? Cheap weekend return to Victoria?
                  GL is top of my list - how did you guess!

Comment

Working...
                  X