• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Dominique Visse & Ensemble Clément Janequin: EML 13 March

Ensemble Clément Janequin (director Dominique Visse) perform chansons from 16th-century France by Compère, Sermisy, Janequin, Lassus and others in the Knights' Hall of Moravsky Krumlov Castle, as part of the 2015 Concentus Moraviae Festival in the Czech Republic
    Ensemble Clement Janequin performs chansons from 16th-century France.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Waldemar Januszczak kind of Renaissance songs. Great fun. With a couple of lovely little lute pieces in the middle.

Comment

• Quarky
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
      Waldemar Januszczak kind of Renaissance songs. Great fun. With a couple of lovely little lute pieces in the middle.
      Many thanks for heads-up. Or should I say bottoms-up?

Comment

• underthecountertenor
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
        Good description, doversoul!

I caught the last 20 minutes or so of this, and will try to find the time to listen to the whole thing. ECJ and Visse are not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I find their full-throated approach refreshing, especially in this repertoire. Great ensemble work.

Comment

• ardcarp
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

ECJ and Visse are not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I find their full-throated approach refreshing
          I wish I could say I enjoyed this as much as I'd hoped, as I love Jannequin's and Sermisy's chansons. The ensemble were certainly giving the mood and expression of each piece a great deal of attention and generally painting the words with liberal dollops. Unfortunately, to me there were a lot of tuning problems, for much of the time the soprano sounding 'below the note'. I dare say to have been at the concert 'in the flesh' would have been an exhilarating experience, but under that microscope of mike and speakers, I cringed a bit. Sorry, Clement Jannequin Ensemble.

Comment

Working...
          X