• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lufthansa Festival on the Early Music Show

22, 28 and 29th May

This looks particularly interesting
    Sun, 29 May
    In the second of this weekend's highlights of concert recordings from the 2011 Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music, Lucie Skeaping presents music performed by countertenor Robin Blaze with lutenist Elizabeth Kenny's group, the Theatre of the Ayre. Music includes works by composers who were exploring the expressive and virtuosic capabilites of the male alto voice, such as Buxtehude and Krieger

I would also recommend this programme as I was at the concert and it was exceptional. The performers can be seen here....

http://tinyurl.com/3wjllkz

Saturday 4 June, 1.00pm
    The Early Music Show
    Intimate Bach, Hille Perl, Lee Santana and Patrick Ayrton

Comment

Thanks for the link austin. The concert sounded great, and what interesting musicians. I first came across Perl and Santana as part of Los Otros

Comment

Thank you Austin and Doversoul,

I shall listen this weekend. Hille Perl and Lee Santana pop up everywhere with Andrew Lawrence-King (Harp Consort and King's Noyse) and Jordi Savall to mention a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          Perl and Santana as part of Los Otros
          Yes - the group got its name from an incident on a concert tour the Harp Consort was doing in central America: one venue had 2 dressing rooms, with their doors labelled 'Andrew Lawrence King', and 'Los Otros'.

Comment

Lovely story! Thank you for that

Comment

I went to almost all of the concerts and, as in previous years, was bowled over by the quality of the performers and the music they made. It really is a lovely festival and Lindsay Kemp is to be congratulated. We already have next years dates: May 17 or 18 to May 26, so keep the period clear if you're anywhere within reach of SJSS.

Comment

Originally posted by austin View Post
                I would also recommend this programme as I was at the concert and it was exceptional.

http://tinyurl.com/3wjllkz
                And the friendly female that sat next to me and really enjoyed the concert saying at one point, " If this were in Amsterdam, the audience would be standing and clapping!", turned out to be Emma Kirkby!

Comment

Originally posted by austin View Post
                  And the friendly female that sat next to me and really enjoyed the concert saying at one point, " If this were in Amsterdam, the audience would be standing and clapping!", turned out to be Emma Kirkby!
                  She came to few of the concerts (she often does) -- I think that she's like most musicians in the Early Music/HIP "family" who support each other by attending their friends' concerts whenever possible. I've noticed this is particularly among OAE players.

Comment

Working...
                  X