• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Sara Mingardo Live: Monday 21 Lunch Time Concert

Sara Mingardo and Francesca Biliotti explore the vocal music of Italy's early Baroque when Monteverdi's rule-breaking, risk-taking madrigals opened the door to a new music of passionate emotions and expressive freedom.
    Introduced by Andrew McGregor

Claudio Monteverdi(1567-1643)
    Girolamo Frescobaldi(1583-1643)
    Giovanni Kapsberger(c.1580-1651)

Sara Mingardo contralto
    Francesca Biliotti contralto
    Giovanni Bellini theorbo
    Giorgio Dal Monte harpsichord.
    Recorded live at the Wigmore Hall in London, music by Monteverdi and his contemporaries.
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

I PM on Mondays is not my best time for the radio, ds, but I'm glad to say I made it today. Thanks for the advance notice. That was a most enjoyable concert and I would hope never to miss a chance to listen to Ms Sara Mingardo. Two contraltos - what a bonus.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

I’ve just caught up. A classy recital and very enjoyable one too. Yes, what a treat it was (re: two contraltos /contralti!?)!

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

Very enjoyable. I was about to refer back to her Lunchtime Concert last year. I had lost all track of time. When I checked, I found to my surprise that the previous discussion we had was in fact three years ago.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
          (re: two contraltos /contralti!?)!
          Due contralti, two contraltos.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
          X