Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some nice Youtube finds

Currently working my way through this John Dowland playlist at work.

Also added this Medieval French playlist for subsequent listening.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hope somebody finds the above useful.

I have a very soft spot for the music of the Trouveres: Adam de la Halle, Blondel, Gace Brule...amongst my very favourite of all music.

Comment

Sneaky trick that, putting a spelling mistake in the thread title to attact attention!

Sadly I can't find anything I'd really like to put up here - but I found this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJHh...c#action=share I don't particularly like the music here - La virgen de la Macarena , Rafael Mendez, but I do like the trumpeter, Kyril Gusarov, whom I've seen play on several occasions. This seems to be the only video of his playing - but maybe I missed some. He quite often plays 18th and 19th century trumpet concertos.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
          Currently working my way through this John Dowland playlist at work.

Also added this Medieval French playlist for subsequent listening.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hope somebody finds the above useful.
          I tried your links just now cmr, but they didn't seem to work. But thanks for the thought!

Comment

concert du 30/09/2009 à la Cité de la Musique (aujourd'hui Philarmonie II)

Comment

Would that be Luciano da Firenze c. 1585 ?

Reminder: EMS at 2pm

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                I tried your links just now cmr, but they didn't seem to work. But thanks for the thought!
                Yup, ditto here........erm.....why?

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                  Just spotted this - have no idea why they stopped working.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

For 24 hours (from 21:00 GMT, I think) only:

(Saveable with Audials, etc.)

Comment

This is "Early" Laurie Anderson, is it
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        This is "Early" Laurie Anderson, is it
                        Indeed, around a month old. I tried to save the original, replete with post-lecture discussion, but only the audio worked for me. This time it saved without a problem. The 5th lecture is due next Wednesday: https://artsandhumanities.fas.harvar...ar-without-you

A 24-hour Youtube availability of the 5th is likely in, again, about a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Indeed, around a month old.
                          Just wondering whether the thread should perhaps be moved from the Early Music board …
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            Just wondering whether the thread should perhaps be moved from the Early Music board …
                            I just did an "Advanced Search" for thread titles including "Youtube", so yes, by all means, move to a more apposite location.

Comment

Loved this Handel parody:

Comment

Working...
                              X