• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Reinventing the past: The Future of the Past 10 November

Nicholas Kenyon looks at the emergence and rapid success of early music as mainstream.
    […]
    In today’s episode, Nicholas looks at the emergence of early music as mainstream. As the 1970s began, rebellion was in the air for music, as in so much else, and Britain saw the proliferation and extraordinarily rapid success of period-instrument ensembles
    […]
    Nicholas Kenyon looks at the emergence and rapid success of early music as mainstream.
  • Quarky
    • Dec 2010

I have difficulty in generating any enthusiasm for this series. However I admit that subtleties in "authentic" performance may be lost on me.

Let's hope it gets more engaging. Otherwise bring back Early Music Late asap!

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Quarky View Post
      I have difficulty in generating any enthusiasm for this series. However I admit that subtleties in "authentic" performance may be lost on me.

Let's hope it gets more engaging. Otherwise bring back Early Music Late asap!
      I’m sorry the programme doesn’t ‘work’ for you. Never mind. Only four more to go and as you say, let’s hope Early Music Late will be back then.

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Nicholas Kenyon’s talk is very interesting but I am now so used the sound of early instruments and the performing style that it is hard to remember/imagine how new and exciting it all felt at the time.

Comment

Working...
        X