Rachel Podger live stream from Wigmore Hall.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zola
    • May 2011

Rachel Podger live stream from Wigmore Hall.........

........at 1130 on Sunday morning. Solo Bach. Live on Wigmore You Tube channel.
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by zola View Post
    ........at 1130 on Sunday morning. Solo Bach. Live on Wigmore You Tube channel.
    Thanks. Unfortunately that is 3:30 A.M. here...if I have insomnia I will definitely tune in.

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      Thanks. Unfortunately that is 3:30 A.M. here...if I have insomnia I will definitely tune in.
      Surely, not as early as that, or have you decamped to the west coast RFG?

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
        Surely, not as early as that, or have you decamped to the west coast RFG?
        Your correct, it’s a 6 hour difference. And I will probably be awake. We have to get up at 4:45 AM on work days and we generally can’t sleep past 5:30 on Sunday AM.
        Is the Wigmore You Tube Channel free, or does it require a subscription?

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Your correct, it’s a 6 hour difference. And I will probably be awake. We have to get up at 4:45 AM on work days and we generally can’t sleep past 5:30 on Sunday AM.
          Just google 'Wigmore Hall You Tube' and you're there! You can register - no subscription required - for news/promotions/updates from the Hall.

Comment

• zola
            • May 2011

It's free. Their live streams are only an occasional thing ( understandably )

“The leading international home of chamber music“ The Times

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Watching now, on my iPad which is sending via AirPlay to an Apple TV . She seems a bit ill at ease in I of the First Sonata, a bit hoppy in her chording, and she doesn’t seem too happy with her instrument either as she scratched away at the strings after the movement like a hen pinching corn kernels. Now she seems to be hitting her stride in the fugue..

Comment

• greenilex
                • Nov 2010

Anyone know details of the instrument?

Comment

• richardfinegold
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
                  Anyone know details of the instrument?
                  According to Wiki she plays an Italian instrument by a student of Stradivarius

Comment

• Beresford
                    • Apr 2012

..... She seems a bit ill at ease in I of the First Sonata, ....
                    Yes. I had the impression that the bright lights installed for video were heating her violin, and were reflecting badly from it's varnish.
                    The hall acoustics were not helping projection much, as usual. There must be a better chamber music venue in London, for acoustics.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                      Yes. I had the impression that the bright lights installed for video were heating her violin, and were reflecting badly from it's varnish.
                      The hall acoustics were not helping projection much, as usual. There must be a better chamber music venue in London, for acoustics.
                      That’s interesting, I thought that the acoustic was dead but I was attributing it to YouTube. I as at Wigmore Hall once, to hear Carolyn Sampson in some Handel, with a about 4 accompanists, but I don’t remember much about the sonicss

Comment

• Beresford
                        • Apr 2012

Richard, yes, I stand corrected. I have heard a few quartet recitals live in the Wigmore, and the sound was fine, just a bit muffled near the back, as expected with a full hall and non-raked seats. So the less than brilliant sound on the day was probably something else.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                          There must be a better chamber music venue in London, for acoustics.
                          ??
                          Really ?

Comment

• richardfinegold
                            • Sep 2012

Interesting.
                            I didn't realize that it was called Bechstein Hall until 1917. Did it have to undergo a name change as an attempt to remove any Teutonic associations during WWI?

Comment

Working...
                            X