• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

TTN Early Music 19/20.1 2020

TTN Early Music

Jordi Savall and Youth Capella Reial de Catalunya perform Masses by Joan Cererols. John Shea presents.

01:01 AM
    Joan Cererols (1618-1676)
    Missa pro defunctis
    Kristin Mulders (mezzo soprano), David Sagastume (tenor), Josep-Ramon Olive (baritone), Finalists of the 11th Academy of the International Ancient Music Centre Foundation, Youth Capella Reial de Catalunya, Instrumental Ensemble, Jordi Savall (conductor)

01:43 AM
    Joan Cererols (1618-1676)
    Missa de Batalla (Battle Mass)
    Kristin Mulders (mezzo soprano), David Sagastume (tenor), Josep-Ramon Olive (baritone), Finalists of the 11th Academy of the International Ancient Music Centre Foundation, Youth Capella Reial de Catalunya, Instrumental Ensemble, Jordi Savall (conductor)

02:05 AM
    Anonymous
    Plany per Catalunya
    Finalists of the 11th Academy of the International Ancient Music Centre Foundation, Youth Capella Reial de Catalunya, Instrumental Ensemble, Jordi Savall (conductor)

04:09 AM
    Johann Adolf Hasse (1699-1783)
    Flute Cantata
    Maurice Steger (recorder), La Cetra Baroque Orchestra Basle, Maurice Steger
    (conductor)

05:47 AM
    Claudin De Sermisy (c.1490-1562)
    5 Chansons (Paris 1528-1538)
    Ensemble Clement Janequin
    Last edited by DracoM; 27-01-20, 13:03.
  • Quarky
    • Dec 2010

Gosh - three concertos by Telemann last night. I thought he was off-limits for Radio 3::

Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Loved the 5 Sermisy chansons. (Cut my consort teeth on Sernisy, Certon, Jannequin et al) These were accompanied by lute...a luxury we didn't have or even think about 50 years ago. I wonder what evidence there is for accompanying this essentially vocal music? I've no objection...it works very well. The singers were brilliant, encompassing moods from soulful to exuberant, adapting their voice-quality to suit. The item occurs about 4hr 47min from the start of TTN. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Explosive stuff, this TNT music - did you mean TTN?

Comment

Working...
        X